Add a Quicken file to my Quicken Cloud account listing

jess8887
jess8887 Member ✭✭✭
I'm using Quicken for Mac Deluxe v5.18.2 on macOS Catalina v10.15.7.

Is it possible to add a Quicken file to my Quicken Cloud account list (Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Cloud Account)?

I was attempting to cleaning up some old Quicken Cloud Accounts and accidentally deleted a Quicken file from the list. After deleting the associated Cloud Account, the Update All Online Accounts no longer works.

Here's some background.

Several months ago, I moved from Quicken for Windows to Mac. As part of the export/import from QW to QM, I experienced an issue where a Quicken file would not update/download any of the account(s) information from their respective bank. This affected all accounts within the Quicken file.

During the Update All Online Accounts process, the Verifying Connection to Quicken Cloud dialogue window would briefly appear and close. No actions was taken by Quicken to download/update the account(s).

I contacted Quicken support and was told there was an issue with the Quicken file's Connection Services and it all related to my Quicken Cloud accounts.

While I don't use Quicken on the Web or feature to sync to Mobile or Web. I was told, Quicken creates a Cloud Account each time a new Quicken file is created. Even if you elect not to use the web or sync mobile features.

Apparently, there is a limit on the number of Quicken Cloud accounts you can have associated with a Quicken ID. Or at least that's what I was told during the troubleshooting session. I had exceed my Quicken Cloud accounts limit. This was causing the Connected Services process to fail during my Quicken ID verification process.

I don't specifically, recall the process we went through to get the account to update. The best I recall, I went back to an old QW file and delete one (or two) of my "test" Quicken Cloud accounts to get under the cloud account limit. But, I was told at some point I should take a look at my Quicken Cloud accounts and remove unwanted (or unused) accounts to prevent issues in the future.

Today, I decided to cleanup (delete) those old Quicken Cloud accounts that I no longer use, and of course I deleted one account by mistake.

If possible, I would like to add the Quicken file back to my Quicken Cloud account(s) list.

When I open the Quicken file that I would like to restore (or add) and go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Cloud Account, the account's Nickname is blank. I thought if I added an account nickname it might add the account back, but that did not work.

I also saw a Quicken Cloud Reset button, but after reading the impact to resting my Quicken Cloud accounts, I was afraid I would remove others Quicken Cloud accounts from the list.

Best Answer

Answers

• jess8887
    jess8887 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Quicken Anja,

That was simple. Resetting my cloud account did work and did not affect my other cloud accounts.

I saw the Reset option (button), but I was reluctant to proceed after reading its purpose. The message indicated resting my Quicken Cloud would "discard any Quicken Connected Services data that exists on the Quicken Cloud", I was afraid it might impact my existing Quicken Cloud accounts.

Again, thank you for your help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    You're welcome! :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.