Bill Payment and Transfer not accurate in detention account

This has happened twice now and I create a transaction in my Main checking account for a Bill Payment via BofA for let's say $50 and I set the transfer account to Credit Card 1. This way when the payment occurs, it also appears and is reconciled in the target credit card account. I've had to change the dollar amount of the payment BEFORE it is processed online, usually to increase and when I do so, the original transaction in the checking account is adjusted and matches however the Credit Card account dollar amount is still the original. If I click on the CC transition it pops up a window telling me to modify the original however that one is correct. Once the payment hits I now get a new transaction in the CC account but the original/transferred transaction is still sitting their unreconciled because the amount doesn't match and I'm stuck. This has happened twice now and seems related to the latest version.

1a) Original: Prim Checking, 10/1/20, Payee=Amex CC, Transfer=Amex CC, $50
1b) Target: Amex CC, 10/1/20, From Prim Checking, Transfer Prim Checking, $50
2) Modified via BofA online to $100
3Online Account Sync/Update
4a) Original: Prim Checking, 10/1/20, Payee=Amex CC, Transfer=Amex CC, $100
4b) Target: Amex CC, 10/1/20, From Prim Checking, Transfer Prim Checking, $50

1b and 4b NEVER change....

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Matthew Moran,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, in order to better assist you, I just need some clarification to better understand your setup--
    Are you manually entering these transfers in Quicken each time first, or are these setup as recurring reminders (scheduled transactions) in Quicken?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Matthew Moran
    Matthew Moran Member ✭✭
    Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100)

Reoccurring transactions in the Bills section for Tracking. SO I click "Paid" and then hit Send to transition the first time to BofA (meaning 1a & 1b are auto setup.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Moran

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I need a bit more information to help me better understand what could be happening.

First, do you have the transfer column shown in the register? If not please navigate to "Columns" and add the "Transfer" column.

Once added, can you please confirm that you see the correct account listed in this column?

It may also be helpful to capture a screenshot of the transfer in question so that we can better see the issue.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please get back to us so we can help get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Matthew Moran
    Matthew Moran Member ✭✭
    See attached
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Moran

Thank you for the screenshot of the issue, that does look unusual. 

On the transactions in the "MH Checking" account, can you please right-click or Control + Click on  and choose "Reject Automatic Transactions Match."

This will remove the matched transaction and leave two transactions. The downloaded transaction will now have a blue dot, is this the correct transaction?

If so, can you please try to drag and drop the transaction onto the bill pay transaction and see if this matches the transfer as it should?

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I was able to get it corrected, still curious on the why side and if this happens again, do you want me to use this thread or open a new one?
This discussion has been closed.