Can my transactions be downloaded automatically?

Rick Grossman
Rick Grossman Member ✭✭
Can I schedule the account update? This would be great to really see my investment values over time.
Tilting at Windmills

Best Answers

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    No, the Mac version currently does not support automatic scheduled updates of transactions. You will have to manually invoke the download process.

That said, assuming you update accounts in a fairly frequent manner (i.e., not wait 5 months between using Quicken), then this should not have any impact on showing your investment values over time. Your buys, sells, etc. will all come through with the respective transaction dates when you next update, and price histories for securities will be filled in for all dates (even the ones you didn't actively use Quicken.)  

In other words, if I don't use Quicken for two weeks while on vacation, and finally update the accounts upon my return, I can still go back and see daily values for each day I was gone.
  • Rick Grossman
    Rick Grossman Member ✭✭
    Three people tried to find a gray triangle in a blue banner at........ I don't know if you sent me to the wrong place or something.. I want to vote but I don't wnat to follow 7 steps that don't work.
    Tilting at Windmills
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @Rick Grossman  It's a little obscure, but not that obscure… ;)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I know understand the problem: lack of fashion sense. Quicken wants me to differentiate between five slightly different shades of robins egg blue that are next to or on top of each other. I adjusted the colors on my monitor, added lighting in the room at the right wavelengths, used a magnifying glass and then I could almost make out the triangle, but after enough clicking I saw the number increment by one. Excuse me, I need to call the ophtomologist, I think I just threw a rod.

Remind me to re-read the chapter on how to announce one's company is customer-focused. And while the damn customers ask us things and try to tell us what they want, a slice of passive aggression will make them sorry they asked. Or as Henry Ford said, they can have it in any color they like as long as it is black. Thank you Slowen. ;)
    Tilting at Windmills
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Rick Grossman In this case, it's not (mainly) Quicken's fault. This website is not created by Quicken; it's a platform from a company called Vanilla, which many companies use to provide user discussion forums like this. There are some things the administrators at Quicken can configure, but the overall design and functionality of this site is credit to, and the fault, of Vanilla.

Why the developers at Vanilla chose a tiny gray arrow for voting, and a subtle shift from gray to black that most users wouldn't notice unless looking for it, is hard to understand. They should have made the arrow icon larger, and instead of changing from charcoal gray to black, changed the direction of the arrow when you click it: up would mean clicking will add a vote, and after you vote, it should change to a downward pointing arrow to indicate clicking will remove a vote. Unfortunately, Quicken can't change the design. (Hopefully since they're a paying customer, they've complained to Vanilla and asked them to improve the voting icon in the future.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.