PNC Bank - Express Web Connect returns error code CC-502

Options

Answers

• fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    With Web Connect I'm now getting CC-505 error (10/29/2020 at 8:00am ET). Before today I was getting CC-502.
  • Lori Gish Jordan
    Options
    still getting the error - web connect did not work for me this morning and it still prompted me for the code sent via text to my mobile
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While from time to time downloading from particular financial institutions (FI) does fail, for the most part downloading works.  I'm not aware of any "Quicken" issue that is affecting downloading across a wide range of FIs.  I just did a One Step Update and all 17 of my FI connections worked just fine, feeding information to 25 different Accounts.
    It would be extremely helpful if you'd provide some detail behind your question so somebody has a chance to provide a useful answer.
    What FIs are involved?  What connection method(s) are you using when you try to download?  What kind of Accounts are involved here? 
  • Pete Ross
    Pete Ross Member
    Options
    About a week ago Quicken stopped synchronizing with my PNC account. I am running Quicken Version 5.18.2 on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS version 10.15.7 (19H2). When I attempt to synchronize I receive an error message "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:ccscrape.105:URL We do not recognize the aggregator IP address"
  • Tony4
    Tony4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, Tom. I'm not all too familiar with this method of communicating within Quicken. This is a known issue. It involves PNC Web Connect. Error CC-502. Quicken told us about it on Oct 26th and say they are working with PNC. I am just getting frustrated when I can't download for this long. PNC did something over the weekend. It seems that they should tell Quicken what they did and work out the problems rather quickly.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it looks like PNC is causing problems with both EWC and DC. 
    When things come back up, and if you have the option, try and get connected using Direct Connect as it's by far the most reliable method.  Even so, just in the last week AMEX did something on their end with their servers that caused DC to fail and I suffered a 6-day blackout.  
  • Tony4
    Tony4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's hoping they fix it soon. I looked on PNC's website for a way to download transactions but I think there isn't one. I got a new error when trying to Web Connect. It's CC-505 instead of CC-502. Same result though. Gotta wait it out.
  • davisrj31
    davisrj31 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just did an online update (10/29 @ 4:25PM) and received a CC-502 error for PNC WebConnect. Received a CC-505 error the previous three days on the same account.
  • selldan
    selldan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am now receiving error message CC-508. Is that progress?
  • davisrj31
    davisrj31 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am not having any problems with PNC Direct Connect for my checking acct. transactions, but PNC Web Connect consistently fails to update my Visa credit card transactions. Error codes vary between CC-505 and CC-502.

Historically, I have had problems with the PNC Visa account no updating and receiving no error codes using either EWC or DC.

No issues with EWC for my Discover account. Therefore, must be a PNC problem.
  • larry8
    larry8 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can we get another update on this please? I have not been able to connect to PNC via Quicken for about a week. We need this fixed ASAP.
  • ericpadua
    ericpadua Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still receiving a CC-502 or 102 error when attempting to update accounts with PNC Bank using the Express Web Connect method.

PNC is our main bank with 5 accounts.
    How long is this going to take to fix?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you are still experiencing trouble when attempting to download.

The issues with PNC bank are still ongoing, this has been acknowledged and is being worked on.

Please visit the alert available here and "bookmark" the conversation by clicking on the gold star in the top right-hand corner.

There is no ETA available at this time, when there is more information available the alert above will be updated and you will be notified by email.

Thank you
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been get a one-time security code sent from PNC. Once entered, nothing changes... Still no downloads and the error codes still appear as others have stated.
  • keithamburgey76133
    Options
    PNC bank issue like others. Getting CC-555 errors
  • savmcio
    savmcio Member
    Options
    I'm the [possible] original user that had this issue escalated. Still not working on my end. The behavior has changed from original issue. Its the same as @"Old Guy"'s description, so it now is talking to PNC, requests 1-time pin, but still fails. This is slower than I expected to get a resolution. I opened ticket Tuesday. So longer than I would like.
  • davisrj31
    davisrj31 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @savmico I have had on an off problems with PNC Bank credit card update on Express Web Connect since the beginning of 2020. During that period, updates would fail without any error message or code at all. I've deleted and recreated the account and turned off and turned on online update multiple times. For awhile it worked on PNC Direct Connect, but then that stopped working and I no longer have a choice to use Direct Connect for my credit card updates. I may just delete the account and forget about tracking it in Quicken.

I'm fed up with the problems with Quicken and the lost time fixing things. If there was anything else on the market available I'd switch to it.
  • fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    [Removed-No Soliciting/Off-Topic]
  • Glovier1
    Glovier1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @fjh said:
    > With Web Connect I'm now getting CC-505 error (10/29/2020 at 8:00am ET). Before today I was getting CC-502.
    5 days is ridiculous to have this problem unsolved
  • Glovier1
    Glovier1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @savmcio said:
    > I'm the [possible] original user that had this issue escalated. Still not working on my end. The behavior has changed from original issue. Its the same as @"Old Guy"'s description, so it now is talking to PNC, requests 1-time pin, but still fails. This is slower than I expected to get a resolution. I opened ticket Tuesday. So longer than I would like.

I work with 3 different users in Quicken w/ PNC. This is getting silly.
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Still getting the CC 502 error updating my PNC accounts. As others have stated, this is getting tiresome. Five days and counting is concerning. Must be significant
  • davisrj31
    davisrj31 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Has anyone contacted PNC Bank about this problem? [Removed-Speculation/unhelpful]
  • rachapman5
    Options
    Also getting the cc-502 error message from PNC using web connect
  • Glovier1
    Glovier1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The PNC export function still works. I got some older transactions that I deleted but at least got to reconcile. Fyi.
  • dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Tony4 said:
    > Here's hoping they fix it soon. I looked on PNC's website for a way to download transactions but I think there isn't one. I got a new error when trying to Web Connect. It's CC-505 instead of CC-502. Same result though. Gotta wait it out.
    >

There is a way, but when you open the downloaded quicken file, there is no way to link it to the account I need to link it to. It isn't in the list.
  • Glovier1
    Glovier1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @dioxide45 said:
    > > @Tony4 said:
    > > Here's hoping they fix it soon. I looked on PNC's website for a way to download transactions but I think there isn't one. I got a new error when trying to Web Connect. It's CC-505 instead of CC-502. Same result though. Gotta wait it out.
    > >
    >
    > There is a way, but when you open the downloaded quicken file, there is no way to link it to the account I need to link it to. It isn't in the list.

Go to the PNC account on PNC site. Go to the view where you see all account activity. Look for the export button. Down load as a quicken file. The file should download but not open. Have Quicken open. Then double click or open the export file. Thats what I do when quicken poops out.
  • larry8
    larry8 Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK.. let's change directions here and can I ask if anyone has a suggestion for a bank they use that seems to work reliably so I can just move my accounts from PNC to a better bank? I am sooo tired of dealing with issues with just PNC. I have many accounts I am linked to and none of them seem to have the reoccurring issues PNC has. Anyone else feel PNC is the "problem child" when using Quicken?
  • fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    Options
    @larry8 I have several accounts at PNC (that is my main bank) and a couple at Ally. Ally has been flawless with Quicken (which I've used with the mid-1990s) , but I don't consider PNC a "problem child". I still have a need for a B&M bank, but if you do not, then I would recommend Ally. I also use credit cards from Citi and Chase that have worked without issues. All of our purchases are on credit and we have minimal transactions with PNC, so manually entering the PNC transactions the couple/few times annually that they have Quicken issues is just inconvenient to me.
  • fjeff68
    fjeff68 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this...I noticed when I try to update my accounts, there is a NEW PNC account that shows up in the mix with my other two, It says the account number is 123456789 and it's asking me for a password. Obviously, it's not a real account. I'm not sure if that's the cause of the problem, or something Quicken is playing with to test out solutions.
    [Removed-Rant/No Soliciting]
This discussion has been closed.