error 0xc00000e5 when trying to open quicken

Options

Comments

• erikaferg
    erikaferg Member
    Options
    Hi, I am getting a similar issue with Quicken. See screen shot below. It just won't start anymore. I have uninstalled it, removed things from the registry, etc. but nothing I do seems to work. Please help!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @erikaferg

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see what could be causing this error and noticed that it was a windows error rather than a quicken one. That being said I did notice that quite a few posts on Microsoft message boards have said that this could be a problem with an antivirus blocking the program from opening.  If you do have an antivirus I would check to see if quicken is allowed to open from the antivirus settings. You could also try turning it off and seeing if then you're able to.

Once you get a chance to try let us know if you're able to get in if not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• erikaferg
    Options
    I checked my anti-virus program and I removed Quicken from it and it worked. It has now put it back in but it still seems to load properly. Thank you!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @erikaferg

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it running after checking your antivirus! If you do have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.