"Transaction deleted" message appearing during cloud sync (R29.22)

bigby65@
bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
I keep getting the attached message appearing upon completion of cloud sync process, but I have no idea what "transaction" is being "deleted", nor do I understand WHY the message keeps appearing if the "transaction" HAS been "deleted".

Best Answer

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well I've kept Mobile Sync on since my previous post, and it's been working fine so far. Guess I had to "reset" everything to get rid of the error

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bigby65@

I suggest that you review the guidance located at this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I'm not near my computer right now so I can try this later, BUT this behavior ONLY started after the update to R29.22!
  • bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    First off, a couple of the steps never happened. However, it DID show that the desktop info was never synced to the cloud. When I did sync it to the cloud, I ended up with a negative balance for one of my accounts. I made some adjustments to fix the account, then added my most recent transactions, then tried to exit the application. Once I did, I got the attached screen image. (Apparently their "improved cloud service" is nothing of the kind.) How can I go back to a previous version until they fix the problem?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bigby65@

Based on what you've told us, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support for further assistance - here is the LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Well that's nearly impossible since they don't seem to be open during any hours that I can contact them. I leave for work before 3:30 am PDT and don't get home until after 5:30 pm PDT. I can TRY to contact them on Sunday if I don't have to work and see what happens.

I've also reverted back to Release 29.20, and am still getting the same error message; the only thing that changes is the "transaction id". This only started occurring after I updated from R 29.16 to R 29.22 (don't know why the interim update numbers never appeared).
  • bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Managed to contact chat support this morning. Rep had me reset my cloud, which SEEMED to work, but as soon as I entered a new transaction and re-synced, the message came back. I turned off Mobile Sync, then turned it back on. It seems to be working now.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @bigby65@

Okay, that's what I thought.  I agree that you should leave mobile sync off, at least for the time being.

Let me know if it comes back.

Frankx

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well I've kept Mobile Sync on since my previous post, and it's been working fine so far. Guess I had to "reset" everything to get rid of the error
This discussion has been closed.