Bank Feeds and Tags

In the last couple of weeks I am noticing my business account bank feeds transactions are being auto tagged in Quicken. It is creating an absolute disaster for me because I cannot tell which transaction is tagged by me and which ones are wrong, right, or need to be verified!!!

Please help me stop the downloaded transaction from the bank from being auto tagged in quicken. Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to pull up your Memorized Payees list (under Tools).  Look for Payees that have Tags associated with them.  Edit those Payees to remove the Tags as you see fit.
    Let me know if that resolves your issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    I looked in there. I took out one memorized payee that is similar, but not close to the mess I am facing. We will see what happens. I am just trying anything.
    I rent properties. My Menards transactions are being auto tagged to one particular property and Menards is not even a memorized payee but Home Depot is. I took Home Depot out of the list hoping that "home improvement" store might be glitching somehow.
  • Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    That is a great suggestion sir. I will research as to where those preferences are. I never knew you about
    automatically add to bank register" that is what is happening to me right now but I did not know there are other options. I am kinda excited and intrigued at the same time.