Comenty Bank - not getting any transactions

Options
not getting transactions from Comenty bank. No error messages.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @bjgross59

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you're having. I believe you're using comenity bank as well. In this case since you're not receiving an error we should be able to try to deactivate/reactivate the account to give us some more information or fix the accounts.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know how it goes. If you do get an error please let us know which one and we'll see what we can attempt next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A little more info....    What version --> Help --> About Quicken
    Has the Account been setup -
    and you are now using One Step Update -
    and don't see any downloading of transactions - when they should exist ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    Options
    version 21.1.29.22 Was connected online via express web connect. was working until 10/10/20. Deactivated the account. When I tried to reactivate, Neither Westgate nor Comenity were available.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @bjgross59

thanks for the info. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to test to see if we have the same issue while trying to connect in a test file. I'll leave the steps down below. 

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. This will give us an idea if it's an issue with the server or specifically on the file. Once you get a chance et us know the results!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried a new file as you suggested. Westgate Mastercard does not show on the list of credit cards with Comenity Bank.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options

@bjgross59

Thanks for the update.  With not being able to connect on the test file as well it looks like we'll need to contact Quicken Support via chat or phone so that we're able to take a look at logs and see what exactly is going on. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.