Investing Dashboard - Use Large Fonts Issue

A couple of the header lines on the Dashboard page do not fit in the spaces allowed to them.

I have selected the 'Use Large Fonts' menu option as found on the View menu at the top of Quicken. This option enlarges the fonts on all of the individual account registers and other panels in Quicken. It works great for my old eyes.

However, the enlarged fonts cause a couple of the header lines on the Investing Dashboard to not fit in their allowed spaces. Specifically, the bottom half of the headers 'Total Value', 'Today's Change', and 'Top Movers' are each truncated. Only the top half of each word appears. Also, in the 'Total Value' section, the dollar amount and percentage change amounts are also too large to fit and are truncated.

The individual line entries in each section are okay... it's just the header lines that are too big to fit.

If I disable the 'Use Large Fonts' option under the View menu, then the headers on the Dashboard fit just fine... but then the fonts for all of the other registers are too small for me to see clearly.

Anybody else seeing this or figured a way around it?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

The issue with Large Fonts being illegible on several screens and in several areas within the Quicken program has been reported.

Please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem to send details to assist in researching this issue further. 

I will be sure to provide any updates to this thread as they become available.

-Quicken Tyka

QWIN-17552
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I can reproduce this problem. (Q 2020 R 28.23)
    Without Large Fonts:
    With Large Fonts enabled:
    Now, my laptop screen runs at a resolution of 1600 x 900
    For "Use large fonts" Quicken recommends (requires?) a minimum resolution of 1280 x 1024.
    My laptop doesn't reach the 2nd value, 1024.
    I'm wondering if that's what makes my screen not display correctly.
    What's your screen resolution?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I see this mess also. I am grateful that I don't use Large Fonts. My display is 1920x1080 @ 125%.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• SKeyser
    SKeyser Member ✭✭
    Hello UKR and Rocket J Squirrel, thank you both for responding.

My screen resolution is 1920x1080. My scale is set to 100%.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

The issue with Large Fonts being illegible on several screens and in several areas within the Quicken program has been reported.

Please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem to send details to assist in researching this issue further. 

I will be sure to provide any updates to this thread as they become available.

-Quicken Tyka

QWIN-17552
    ~~~***~~~
  • SKeyser
    SKeyser Member ✭✭
    As requested, I have created a problem report.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SKeyser , you also might want to investigate Windows scaling as a replacement for Quicken Large Fonts. I recently decided my eyes were too old for 100% and I changed to 125%. Quicken misbehaves a little at that scaling, but not as bad as with Large Fonts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• SKeyser
    SKeyser Member ✭✭
    Rocket J Squirrel, thanks for the suggestion about changing my PC's scale to 125%. I've done that now. Maybe it's my laptop, but in some apps the screen text seems ever so slightly blurry... not so much as to be unusable. The blur is barely perceptible, but I can tell a difference. Regardless, I'll give it a few days to see if I get accustomed to it. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • SKeyser
    SKeyser Member ✭✭
    Rocket J Squirrel, Thank you, again. I tried your suggestions. They worked out quite well. I'll have some more tweaking to do as I try out more of my apps. But, I'm now in good shape. Thanks.
  • jb120477
    jb120477 Member
    edited November 2020
    I am having the same issue with the large font on the investment screen. [removed-rant]