Freddy
Freddy Member ✭✭
Error message Language for non-Unicode programs to English US

Best Answers

• Freddy
    Freddy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken has always worked, over 10 years, with no problems for me. It even worked fine on my new computer until an attempted computer hack and I had to reinstall windows.

I now cannot open Quicken constantly getting an error message to change the Language for non-Unicode programs to English US

Can this be solved ?

Thanks for any help available
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Freddy Open Control Panel and select Clock and Region, then select Region, on the Administrative tab change the language to English (United States).

You may have inadvertently selected the wrong language during the reinstall.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro

Answers

• Freddy
    Freddy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken has always worked, over 10 years, with no problems for me. It even worked fine on my new computer until an attempted computer hack and I had to reinstall windows.

I now cannot open Quicken constantly getting an error message to change the Language for non-Unicode programs to English US

Can this be solved ?

Thanks for any help available
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Freddy Open Control Panel and select Clock and Region, then select Region, on the Administrative tab change the language to English (United States).

You may have inadvertently selected the wrong language during the reinstall.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Freddy
    Freddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Rich_M

I believe that you have the solution. I had already set the Windows language to English but I did not see the Administrative tab which was set to French

Everything looks fine now, I believe that I can now continue using Quicken in complete tranquility, and pay my subscription which ends at the end of this month.

A thousand THANKS

PS Perhaps it would be a good idea for the Quicken team to update their instructions on the error message. Your instructions are clear and simple

A big problem solved for me
This discussion has been closed.