Discover Card Website thinks I'm trying to log-in every time I update

Options
malgaze
malgaze Member ✭✭
I've had to turn off One-Step Update for my Discover Card because every time I sync, Discover thinks I'm making a bad attempt at logging in, even though I'm using the right password.

Best Answer

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @malgaze If the connection method is Direct Connect that is exactly what is happening, are you sure you have the correct password in the vault?

If so, try deleting the vault password, then reenter it, try OSU again.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @malgaze If the connection method is Direct Connect that is exactly what is happening, are you sure you have the correct password in the vault?

If so, try deleting the vault password, then reenter it, try OSU again.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • malgaze
    malgaze Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Rich_M, that may have been the issue. I had been having so many problems with this account and the direct connect method in the past, that I had removed the online automatic entry and was entering transactions manually. I just reset everything with the correct password. In a few days, I will see if I receive an email from Discover telling me i've tried to access the account with the wrong password too many times. This is what was happening in the past, and that was why I ended up removing the automatic entry
This discussion has been closed.