"request timed out" error during update accounts, Think bank (Q Mac)

lancetmn
lancetmn Member ✭✭
Hi,

I am getting "an error occurred during your online banking update" at Think bank-direct connection. The started happening about 2 or three weeks ago. Further messages are "think bank-direct connect is not responding. Please try later" and "the request timed out". I sent diagnostics to my bank and they seem to think the timeout is on your side, not theirs...

Any ideas?

Lance

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @lancemn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Is there an error code associated with the error message you are receiving? And which connection type is the account(s) set up for (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lancetmn
    lancetmn Member ✭✭
    There is not an error code displayed in the pop up menu. I have version Home & Business 2020 version 5.18.2 for macOS 10.14.6. The set up is Direct Connect with Think Bank
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the additional information.

I just have one more question as you mentioned that this started happening about 2 or 3 weeks ago-- Do you consistently receive the error each time you try to connect and therefore have been unable to update the account since it started, or does the error occur intermittently?

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lancetmn
    lancetmn Member ✭✭
    The result is always a timeout error. One more bit of information that I recall now... One of the accounts was reporting a different error, so I disconnected that one account and reconnected it. at that point I started to receive the timeouts and no downloads.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lancetmn

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I would next recommend creating a test file, this will help isolate the issue further. Please go to File > New > Start From Scratch.

Please attempt to add the accounts for Think Bank. Do you receive the same error message or are you able to successfully add the accounts?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lancetmn
    lancetmn Member ✭✭
    I created a new "test" file as you suggested. The initial connection recognized the numerous accounts at Think Bank (actually Think Bank-Direct Connect). However during the download transaction portion, I received an "opps. we're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Think Bank-Direct Connect". and in really fine print it says "the request timed out"
  • lancetmn
    lancetmn Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the help. I understand that Think Bank is working on it with their vendor. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.