My USBank accounts are not updating!!

db.livehealthy
db.livehealthy Member ✭✭
I am having issues again with my us bank accounts not updating into my Quicken software. What is going on?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @db.livehealthy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Are you still experiencing this trouble? Have you received an error message?

Please let me know where you are at with this issue!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I just tried again to update and it did not work. There are no error messages. :(
  • Been experiencing the same issue with US Bank since about the 6th of this month. I recall a couple of Quicken updates at start up and have tried the account reset, but still no downloads from US Bank. Other providers still seem to be working normally. Thanks in advance for any suggestion!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @db.livehealthy and @DavidKliss

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to review the logs to help determine the cause of the missing transactions.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Same type of headaches with US Bank "Quicken Card" account.

When you first set it up or flush it and start over, it asks you for the "Access ID (numeric) and four digit "Access Code."

You enter it, it takes it and downloads the last 99 days of transactions. The second night, it will ask you to enter an eight character password (no special characters.) It works and downloads any new transactions.

The third night is where things screw up. You get an error message. It asks if you recently changed the password. If you say no, it says "download sucessful" yet downloads nothing.

If you select yes where it asks if you recently changed the password, it asks you to enter it. The password that you changed it to the second night won't work. The login password for the US Bank Quicken Card website won't work and the four digit access code won't work.

By that time you've made three attempts and US Bank locks your account. US Bank says all that they control is resetting the lockout and initial four digit access code. Blames the rest of it on YOU.

[removed-rant/violation of community guidelines]
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I just got off the line w/ tech support w/ Quicken World Mastercard.

They got me to technical support again to unlock the account and reset to the default 4 digit "access code."

This tech says that, despite Quicken asking for a new password "up to eight characters, no special characters," the second night, when it asks you to change the password, what works best is a different "4 digit numeric password."

I'm going to remove the US Bank account AGAIN and try to set it up this way. I won't know till the third night whether it worked.

If not, I'm contacting your tech support and asking to talk to someone on the next level.
  • I am very disappointed that quicken has not fixed this issue. I am going to start using a different app for tracking my accounts.
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    Third night, after trying US Bank's suggestion of using a 4 digit numeric password when it asks me to change the password the second night, it asks me for the new password, I enter it, it tells me that the same password I changed it to on the second night is incorrect.

If I do it two more times, tonight. US Bank will lock the account again and I'm right back where I started again.

...with neither side being able to solve the problem.
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    Despite having just renewed my Quicken Software, I'm made to feel as though the only way that I get an actual solution to this problem is to cough up the $49 for "Premier Support."

But I'm sure this will be...

[removed-rant/violation of community guidelines]
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    After, literally, four hours plus, back and forth with Quicken, then US Bank, then Quicken, etc., Quicken says that the problem is that when you search for financial institutions, "US Bank Internet Banking," what's listed as the preferred choice, is showing the same web address as "Quicken Credit Card - US Bank" which is the one that you use to download transactions from Quickencard.com.

Both show, "www.usbank.com." Quicken blames it on US bank who then turns around and blames it on Quicken.com.
  • db.livehealthy
    db.livehealthy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    [removed-disruptive/unhelpful]
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2020
    rshearin said:
    Despite having just renewed my Quicken Software, I'm made to feel as though the only way that I get an actual solution to this problem is to cough up the $49 for "Premier Support."
    @rshearin For what it's worth, Premier Support simply jumps you to the front of the queue for a support agent; it doesn't get you "better" support. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    I don't know if either side changed anything, but, when I tried to set it up, tonight, it asked for the Access ID and Access password that was mailed to me, then asked me to change the password on the same night, rather than the second night, and after a couple of error messages I got it to work with the new, second, 4 digit password.

If it works a couple more nights without locking up again something may have been fixed or I stumbled onto another angle to correct it that I couldn't repeat if I tried.

It shouldn't be that hard to enter a "Direct Connect" and both sides should be extremely embarrassed. Particularly since the card, itself, uses the Quicken name.
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    Now, I'm stuck in a redundant loop with both sides refusing to help or pleading ignorance.

I've enter the "Access ID" and Access Code" that was mailed me, then it asks me to change the "Access code," it then downloads the transactions.

The next night the new "Access Code" that has been stored in the password vault won't work.

You enter the Access code" that was mailed you, it takes it, asks you to change it, and downloads your transactions.

The next night, it again, refuses the new password but will take the mailed one and ask you to change the password, ad infinitum.

Anyone asks me my opinion of either Quicken OR US Bank you will both rank down there with the undesirables...
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    I have been getting the run around for about a month, now, US BANK blames it on Quicken and Quicken turns around and blames it on US BANK who claims that all they do is unlock the account and reset the access code to the original one that they mailed me.

Quicken then points to the fact that both the US Bank banking accounts site and the US Bank QuickenCard.com account both show "USbank.com" when you select the financial institution in Quicken. US Bank then says that's your problem, etc., etc., etc...
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are, in Q, multiple names/paths for US Bank (I'm their customer also).

When you do TOOLS, Account List in Q, what shows in the "Financial Institution" column across from each of your USB accounts?
    Also, what specific Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product? This info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Quicken Premier, Build: 27.1.29.22, Windows 10 on Pentium 7 Laptop.

If you hit edit next to "Quicken Credit Card - US," the box that pops up says "Quicken Credit Card - US" in the box marked "Account Name" an next to that it says "Financial institution Quicken Credit Card - US Bank."

If you delete the account and try to put it back, it give you two choices. The one it calls "preferred choice" says "US Bank Internet banking" and shows it's web address as "www.usbank.com"

The one I'm supposed to use since I only have the credit card is "Quicken Credit Card - US Bank" but it also shows a web address of "www.usbank. com"

The website that I access the account from is "www.quickencard.com."

One of the Quicken techs said THAT was the problem but he said US Bank had to change it then US Bank turns around and claims that all they control is locking and unlocking the account and providing the "Access ID" and "Access Code." They then claim anything else is a glitch on Quicken's side...

I just reentered my Access ID and Access Code, It asks me to change it, I change it, it updates the last four days where I gave up trying, I'll go to my password vault and verify that the same new code is the one in the vault then tomorrow night when I try to update it's going to start that loop again, where it gives me an error message and asks if I recently changed the password, I select yes enter the new code I used the night before and it will fail. It will either fail till I'm locked out or ask me to change the password again and do it all over the next night.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is this the only USB account that you have?  If not, what's the "Financial Institution" for the others?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Somehow the whole post got wiped out as I was trying to edit it.

I only have a Quicken Credit Card at www.quickencard.com. It's a US Bank account at a different web address.

None of the selections list that website address but the one that reads Quicken Credit Card - US Bank will work for one night at a time hang up and continuously ask you to change the password each night before it either locks you out or takes it and will do the same thing the next night.

But when you click "Add Acount" and search for US Bank, US Bank Internet Banking AND Quicken Credit Card - US Bank both list www.usbank.com when you select them.
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    Nothing, Nada, Zilch...

Both sides blame the other and blow it off...
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    I don't know if any of you are even seeing this anymore. If I post it as a new question, it will be merged with this one and forgotten.

I now have an infinitely repeatable, verifiable error.

If I do my nightly updates, it will show the error for US Bank Quicken Card.

It will then ask if I recently changed the password. I hit yes. It asks me for the new password. I enter the password from last night, again. It says it's incorrect. I hit cancel. It shows a message at the top of the update status that says that, "You will have to change your password the next time you update. I update again. It asks me to change the password. I enter the same password that I've been trying to change it to for weeks. It takes it. If it took the change last night, it should reject it as, "must be different from previous password." AAAAAND, it updates successfully.

You can run it a half a dozen times, tonight, no problem.

The next day I try to update, it starts all over again. It doesn't make any sense.
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    The password Change does not take !!!
  • rshearin
    rshearin Member ✭✭
    The whole problem "magically" vanished over the weekend. I don't know which side did what or if you even know. (knock on wood)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @rshearin  After hanging out on this forum for a number of years, I can honestly say that the first piece of troubleshooting for financial institution connectivity problems should be: walk away for 2-3 days, or until after a weekend/holiday, and try again. And only then if it's still broken start trying other troubleshooting. ;)

Of course, we all want access to our data when we want it, so it's hard to just ignore a problem, but probably half, maybe more like 75% of problems are short-lived and resolve themselves within a few days. (I'm not suggesting it's magic; it just may seem like it! Often financial institutions disable certain types of external connectivity to do maintenance or updates, especially on nights and weekends, and a few days later, things are back up and running again. Or Quicken needs to swap a URL for connectivity in conjunction with a change at a financial institution, and the changes by the two sides don't exactly line up in time.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.