Transfer not showing up

I have my checking account and corresponding debt account to reflect my mortgage set up in Quicken, as I have had for years. My spouse and I purchased a new home in February of this year and so I created a new debt account for the new home.

Payment transfers are choosing not to show up in the debt account, or not show up properly.

I have a scheduled recurring payment in my checking account with the appropriate splits allocated to my mortgage principal, mortgage interest, and extra principal. This payment shows up every month in the checking account, but some months does not show up in the debt account. The categorizations and tags are exactly the same each month, the payee is exactly the same, and I have even tried deleting and re-entering the amounts to see if that would trigger an update to no avail.

I have full, correct entries reflected in the debt account for April (first month of payments), May, July, and August.

In June, the extra principal payment is not displaying, only the required payment. In September absolutely no transfer payment is showing. In both instances, the split details in the checking account entry are correct and reconciled with the checking banking information.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Thank you for the update and for providing the screenshots.

If you don't mind, I'd like you to test something-- in the checking account the transfers are initiated from, hold control on your keyboard and click on the transaction that's missing from the loan account, then select Duplicate Transaction. Once the transaction has been duplicated in the checking account, please check the loan account to see if it will show there or remains missing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @kc0bei,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, how long have you been experiencing this issue? Has it always been this way or when did you notice it first started happening?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @kc0bei  If you can capture and post any screenshots (without sharing any sensitive financial details), it might help us help you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • kc0bei
    kc0bei Member
    edited November 2020
    I was waiting to see what would happen this month, and you can see that it did correctly register this month again. Still, nothing for September or for the extra principal payment in June. Here are the screen shots:
    https://ibb.co/TP9VFvh
    https://ibb.co/Ks9ydd8
    https://ibb.co/SKT8nH4
  • kc0bei
    kc0bei Member
    > First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?* Quicken > About Quicken
    >
    Version 5.18.2, Build 518.35919.100
    MacOS 10.15.17

>
    > Also, how long have you been experiencing this issue? Has it always been this way or when did you notice it first started happening?
    >
    As mentioned in the original post, it's only been since I added this specific loan account in Quicken and only related to this specific loan account. I included screenshots to attempt to illustrate the problem. And, as today is the first day of the month (and the scheduled transaction date), I can confirm that once again in November everything is working fine. Yet, September still does not populate, nor does the extra principal payment in June -- even though in both instances they are correctly categorized and tagged in the checking account in Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Thank you for the update and for providing the screenshots.

If you don't mind, I'd like you to test something-- in the checking account the transfers are initiated from, hold control on your keyboard and click on the transaction that's missing from the loan account, then select Duplicate Transaction. Once the transaction has been duplicated in the checking account, please check the loan account to see if it will show there or remains missing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• kc0bei
    kc0bei Member
    Well that's embarrassing. I should have thought of that already. That worked! Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    No need to be embarrassed at all! 

Thanks for the update, I'm happy to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.