One Step Update keeps asking me to add an account

Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Investing (Windows)
When I do the One Step Update for my accounts, it keeps asking me to Add an account (Tru Mark Financial). I don't have this one checked off for one step updates but it still makes me go through the process of adding the account and then ignoring the accounts.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gary R

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Steps do not work------The Name of the bank does not appear in the One Step Update to begin with-------During the One step Update process, all my brokerage accounts get updated , update pauses to add TruMark to the Update.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Gary R

Thank you for the response, and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, I would start by deactivating all of the Tru Mark financial accounts.

If you need assistance with deactivating the accounts, please see the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account
    1. Use Ctrl + A to bring up the Accounts List.
    2. View Hidden Accounts by selecting the Hidden Accounts check box in the lower left corner of the Accounts List window.
    3. Make sure the Online ServicesTransaction Download and/or Online Payment fields are NO or DEACTIVATED for the desired account(s).
    The hidden accounts if any, will need to be deactivated for these steps to work.

Edit the Deactivated account(s) to remove the Bank name.

1. Click on the account displayed on the Accounts List.
    2. Choose Edit Details button on the account.
    3. Clear the Financial Institution field at the right side of the window.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Repeat, as necessary, for each Deactivated/Disabled account for that Bank.
    I would then attempt to update once more, and see if deactivate and removing the name of the bank of the account settings corrects the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I've tried all the steps above and still not working.
    Let me try and explain what is happening maybe a little clearer.

I click one step update:
    TruMark Financial is not even one of the accounts selected for update in the first place.
    One step update then starts to update 5-6 brokerage accounts, stops and asks me to Add account for TruMark. I then have to Add account--It then looks for the account after I enter username and password, and then results show Don't Add to existing account.
    This is really annoying---I have disabled on line banking for all my Tru Mark accounts, but still have the problem every time I do one step update
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gary R

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked in your Account List (with "show hidden accounts" checkmarked) or in Tools / Manage Hidden Accounts if there is an old, hidden, possibly closed TruMark account that still is activated for downloading?
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Yes I have------I guess I'll have to call support
    Thank you
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I never called support, but deleted a TruMark IRA account that was closed and on line services were removed years ago. After I deleted the account, I no longer had the problem. One step update was working fine again. No idea why this happened.
This discussion has been closed.