PNC Errors

fjh
fjh Member ✭✭
There was a discussion ongoing about the PNC errors that have been occurring since last month. Many of the responses from users were potentially helpful and provided more insight than Quicken has provided. Unfortunately, @Quicken_Tyka closed the discussion after a couple of users made inappropriate comments. [removed-disruptive/violation of community guidelines]

Comments

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    YEAAA, I have deactivated and reactivated my PNC accounts and they now work!!
  • I chose the option to reset the connection under my PNC accounts by clicking on the online services tab for my main PNC account. It worked. Transactions downloaded via Web Connect!
  • user99029
    user99029 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Found a fix. I have been getting 502/508 errors since 10/24 on my Web Connect accounts. This may work for you as well.

I just got off the phone with someone at PNC that works in the department that handles Quicken. The net of it is that PNC and Quicken now require a mobile phone number assigned to your profile to receive a code when first activating PNC accounts with Quicken. A reset on the backend around 10/24 broke at least some of the existing active connections and has forced us to reset/reactivate our Quicken accounts with PNC.

Make sure you have a mobile number assigned to your PNC profile. On the PNC website, in the My Accounts view, there is a link to "Add a mobile number".

Once that is done, try resetting the broken account in Quicken. You should get a prompt to select a mobile number to receive the code.

If resetting does not work, deactivate the failing account in Quicken. Then, activate the Quicken account with PNC. You should get a prompt to select a mobile number to receive the code.

Both a reset and deactivate/activate worked for me. Resetting seems to be the recommended method.

A warning for those that have more than one PNC user profile (e.g., business and personal accounts): you cannot assign the same mobile number to more than one profile. You can use different mobile numbers for each profile. Or, assign the mobile number to profile A, reset/reactivate your Quicken accounts, delete the mobile number from profile A (same place you added it), add the mobile number to profile B, reset/reactivate your Quicken accounts. A mobile number assigned to a profile is only required during activation - not going forward.
  • fjh
    fjh Member ✭✭
    @user99029 Thank you! I have seen other users indicate the same thing but your step-by-step instructions worked. I had tried to reset in the past but that didn't work. Deactivate and activate worked.

I was reluctant to deactivate on the advice of @Frankx and Quicken, which turned out to be incorrect. Possibly Quicken could mark your response as the actual solution?
  • dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭
    The thing is, I successfully used two factor authentication between Quicken and PNC for many months before everything broke.
  • user99029
    user99029 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    > @dioxide45 said:
    > The thing is, I successfully used two factor authentication between Quicken and PNC for many months before everything broke.

Have you tried resetting or reactivating? If you are reluctant to do it or have done it without success, give PNC a call. They have a group that specifically works with Quicken users. The agent to whom I spoke was well aware of the issue and gave me a solution that worked.
  • dornmj
    dornmj Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Everyone, thanks for your "Solutions"... I am going to give your stuff a try. But on a griping note... I am a bit "jacked". It has been almost a month, and all I get is the happy note that they are working on it. Unacceptable. I am in the IT business for healthcare. If we let a huge issue go like this for more than 48 hours, there would be [removed-language] to pay. But not here. Frustrated.
  • dornmj
    dornmj Member ✭✭
    And, again THANK YOU for your solutions! The deactivate\reactivate worked for me! I am back in business, with a lot to balance! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.