Tiny fractional shares have arisen in Portfolio View

I have tiny positive fractional shares that have arisen in Portfolio View from accounts that are now closed. Can I change to the "sell all" command in the responsible tranactions to eliminate these tiny shares in these closed accounts. If this is not possible, can I open a new "Leftover Account" and transfer these shares into it?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you should be able to get rid of the fractional shares by changing the final transaction to Sell All. Be sure to accept Quicken's proposal to let it re-compute the selling share price.

Note however that this may not work if any previous sales resulted in a negative number of shares.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vitreous - I agree with @Jim_Harman .  Before you attempt doing this, be sure to back up your data file in case something goes wrong or you don't like the results.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth this isn't really a bug. Customers have been requesting to have the number of digits after the decimal point increased for quite a while. In recent patches they changed it to increase and so values that would have been rounded off with less digits are now not rounded and show up.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/