PNC log-in generates cc-503 error

For the past three weeks, I have not been able to log in from Quicken in Windows to my PNC accounts using Direct Connect. A log-in screen appears asking for a social security number and pin number, which haven never before been requested and don't even work. No matter what I type, I get a cc-503 error response. I have checked my PNC account and made sure everything is updated. I could really use some help here. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Tom Ginsberg,

Thank you for adding to this discussion in the Community to report your issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the error-specific instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-503.

If the instructions do not resolve the issue for you, then I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as this may likely require our support agents to collect your log files and file for an escalation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @umpteentimes - Please confirm the connection method you have set up with PNC.  CC-XXX error codes typically are caused by Express Web Connect connection issues.  You can confirm the connection method in Account List or on the Online Services tab of Account Details.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• umpteentimes
    umpteentimes Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac The connection method is Direct Connect. I was just able to reach PNC and they confirmed it's a problem on their end and hope to have it resolved in a matter of days. In the meantime, they suggest downloading transactions manually.
    Thank you for your response.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @umpteentimes - Thanks for letting me know.  I'm glad PNC confirmed it's their problem.  It gives some confidence that the problem is understood and being worked on.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Anja
    edited November 2020
    Hello @umpteentimes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Though we do not currently have an ETA on this, please, refer to this active Community Alert for updates on this issue.

Additionally, you can also try deactivating and reactivating your PNC account(s) as other users have reported that this has worked as a solution for them.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• umpteentimes
    umpteentimes Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Anja. I deactivated my Direct Connect account but when trying to restore the account, I am asked to login using a SS number and PIN, which has never been the case before. No matter what I type in, I get a restore asking if I mistyped the login and showing a CC-503 error code. PNC continues to say it's working on it but it's been a month now!
  • I'm having same problem now as umpteentimes. Whatever PNC fixed, it wasn't the CC-503 problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @Tom Ginsberg,

Thank you for adding to this discussion in the Community to report your issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the error-specific instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-503.

If the instructions do not resolve the issue for you, then I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as this may likely require our support agents to collect your log files and file for an escalation.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.