Why Golden 1 Credit Union not updating Credit Card Transactions

Why Golden 1 Credit Union not updating Credit Card Transactions? This has been an issue since recent change in their system. They say their IT team is working directly with Quicken to determine a fix. What is status? Thank you

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Dave Abbott,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-506.

I hope this helps!

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CAPPY

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

At this time we do not have an open Alerts or notices on Golden 1 Credit Union so I'm not aware of an ETA for resolution, but I would like to investigate this matter further.

Are you receiving any type of error notice or code when attempting to update the Golden 1 Credit Union credit card transactions?

If not, do you hold other type of accounts at the credit union, like checking or savings?  If so, are those accounts updating correctly and it's only the credit card accounts not updating?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for response.... I am not getting any error messages/codes...just not getting an updates to transactions for credit card account(s). I have two credit card accounts..both not responding. I do have Golden 1 checking and savings accounts and they are still updating transactions just fine. Thanks again for any help with this matter. (FYI This was the message i got back from Golden 1:"Our IT team is diligently working with Quicken to get this matter resolved. We unfortunately do not have an ETA of when this matter will be resolved."
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing the same issue. There are no error messages. After "updating" it shows that there were no new transactions in any of my Golden 1 account going back as far as early to mid October 2020..
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you're having. It is odd that both of you are having issues specifically with the credit cards and nothing else. I'm wondering here if they might just need to be deactivated/reactivated. Down below I'll put steps to see if we're able to get the accounts back up and running.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've attempted this could you please let us know if you're able to get the accounts reconnected. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Quicken Francisco - Two things before I go through this process.... 1. I do know Golden 1 recently made changes to their credit cards effective October 1, 2020 ...(probably to increase security i think or what they said = "Enhanced Card Controls app with more options for your peace of mind"). 2. So if they are actually working with Quicken to arrive at a fix for this issue (vs. a detailed step to deactivate and activate all of my Golden 1 accounts and not just the credit cards) I would prefer to wait for the fix! I appreciate the info to activate and deactivate, (as I may end up doing all of that) but for me at this time, It is easier and safer for my data to do manual credit card transactions for another month or until a fix, rather than to disrupt all my Golden 1 accounts.
  • Crazy Puli
    Crazy Puli Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I have checking and savings accounts that are still updating, but the credit card stopped updating at the beginning of October. I tried deactivating and reactivating all accounts both in Quicken connect and direct connect and neither fixed it. I am just manually entering transactions and waiting for it to be resolved.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Crazy Puli

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would start by first navigate to File > Save a backup.  I would then recommend restarting the cloud.

RESET THE CLOUD DATA THROUGH THE DESKTOP PROGRAM

1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    This may take some time to complete. Once this has finished do you receive any error messages for Golden 1 or possibly transactions?

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Crazy Puli
    Crazy Puli Member ✭✭
    Quicken Tyka-
    I did the reset and it didn't resolve it. I didn't get any kind of error message. I never have. It just didn't download transactions on that account. Other accounts did download. I also checked online beforehand to see if there were new transactions on that card to be downloaded and there were.
  • hlovell3
    hlovell3 Member ✭✭
    I am also interested in this issue.
    I have been having the same issue with only my VISA credit card at Golden 1.

My checking and Savings accounts will update with no issues.
    And the Online balance amount from Golden 1 is accurate in Quicken after I perform online updates.
    I just get no new transactions for the VISA credit card account.

I have reset the VISA account multiple time with no success.
    I get no error messages as part of the download process. But my other accounts update fine with Golden 1.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    It is clear that the Quicken suggested fixes are not working with this issue.. Hopefully they have made contact with Golden 1 IT people to figure this out. What ever changes Golden 1 did effective October 1, with their credit card system has changed something.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello everyone

Thanks for the update. It sounds like we may need to take a look at the logs in this case. If you could go across the top of quicken to Help > report a problem. In the report please put in the subject line Attn: Francisco. Once we get a chance to see the file we'll take a look at the logs. Make sure to also include any logs files. (They should all be selected by default). Once they've been sent let me know so that I'm able to take a look

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Crazy Puli
    Crazy Puli Member ✭✭
    I just sent my log files.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    I sent mine in already too
  • hlovell3
    hlovell3 Member ✭✭
    I sent in my Log File as requested.
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    Ditto for me. Just sent.
  • I am on a PC with the Windows Quicken Subscription and I have the exact same problem with Golden 1 Credit Cards not downloading since October. I sent my logs as well.
  • October 6 is the exact date, to be specific.
  • I am re-asking this question as it is not showing up in the list.

Quicken has no downloaded credit card transactions from Golden 1 CU since October 6, 2020. There is a thread in the MAC section that describes the same exact problem, so I know it is not my machine/program.

I have sent my logs to Quicken for review. Is there a solution to this problem?
    Thank you
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello Everyone, 

Thank you everyone for the logs. We're still looking a bit into them but there's also something that we would like to test. We'd like to see if we create a test file and add ONLY the credit card account what exactly happens there as well. I'll leave instructions for both Mac and windows down below. If you still have no credit card transactions downloading we'd also like you to submit a report again with the subject ATTN:Francisco.

Windows:
    I'll leave this article down here as it explains how to create the test file. It'll be located on step three under to create a test file.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

ONLY the credit card account when adding the accounts.

Mac: 
    We'll Want to go across the top to file > New. From here select start from scratch and hit continue. Hit next on the categories option. On the mobile and web screen select Don't use mobile and web. After hitting next try to add your Golden 1 to the file. Again remember to ONLY add the credit card account. 

Once the account has been added look to see if we're still experiencing issues with the account. If we are navigate across the top to help report a problem and in the subject remember to put ATTN:Francisco. Once you've done this let me know how it goes and we'll look deeper into it. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Crazy Puli
    Crazy Puli Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I just sent the log files for the new account with Golden 1 Visa only. It still didn't download transactions.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Francisco Followed the above instruction....for my 2 Golden 1 credit cards....it did connect and but showed only current balances; it did not and would not download any transactions. (In set-up - i went to trouble shooting, and asked that downloads from 10/1/20 be done. = No transactions were downloaded.)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for the new logs and being so cooperative during this process. After taking a look at the logs from both your main and test files we'll be escalating this issue. I don't have an ETA on how long it may take to repair but if you haven't already submitted logs please put in the subject line CTP-1269 instead now.  This will attach it directly to the issue. Once we have an update I'll post an update here.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • richardw1313
    richardw1313 Member ✭✭
    CTP-1269
    Logs submitted,
    Ticket: T1IN - 8092894
    Quicken should have resolved this by now - correct?
    G1 changed the CC account number to be different from the CC number, and they introduced the new contactless cards.
    Now the G1 has a new account number, the old card number, and a new card number. crazy.
    Quicken needs to associate the new acct number with the old and new cards.
    At least the application doesn't close :)
    it's been over a month though.
  • awilderm
    awilderm Member
    I had the same problem. Originally, Quicken Update gave an error message "Institution does not recognize 9999 9999 9999 9999 (my CC number).

Then I was told to edit the Account Data and put in a "New Entity Number" different from my CC Number. On update, I no longer get the error message above, but I do not get any new CC transactions.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    CTP-1269 Quicken Francisco Any progress in a fix yet.. Please advise as to ETA for fix please. This is getting frustrating....not being able to download and update transactions
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    > @CAPPY said:
    > CTP-1269 Quicken Francisco Any progress in a fix yet.. Please advise as to ETA for fix please. This is getting frustrating....not being able to download and update transactions

PLEASE HELP or at least give us a potential timeline for the fix!! Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @CAPPY @jik4good The Quicken reps here can almost never provide an ETA for a fix, because they just don't know. There are typically three parties involved: Quicken, Intuit (who runs the connectivity services to financial institutions), and the financial institution. Clearly something broke because the credit union changed their system. Not so clear is who needs to do something to get Quicken to work with the credit union again. And sometimes that work is fairly minor and quick once it's identified, while other times it requires more significant software changes by one or more of the parties. With Quicken supporting more than 14,000 financial institutions, you can see how it's a constant whack-a-mole problem to maintain Quicken's connectivity.

It would be cool if they had a system status website where users could see real-time updates (in non-techie language), the status of all the investigations and pending updates. But they don't. ;)  And the Quicken moderators here don't have an inside track on the status of connectivity issues for individual financial institutions, usually, until they're fixed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    OK Thanks..... I was being hopeful... I did also Nudge Golden 1 again too.
  • jik4good
    jik4good Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thanks for the insight. It also seems most credit unions don't have the best IT/software teams either. What a pain all around... if it wasn't for their 3% back on groceries...haha.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    And there's no doubt that when something goes south with a top tier financial institution, like Amex or Bank or America or Citi, it does tend to get faster and more urgent attention than much smaller banks and credit unions. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.