Quicken "online balance" for my bank is no longer updating

The Quicken "online balance" for my bank displayed on the register is no longer updating. It is stuck with the value reported on 10/8/2020 even though I've had more than a dozen transactions since then. I am not missing transactions and the register balance as of today matches the bank's balance. I have several accounts with that bank and they have all the same issue. I have another account at a different bank and it also has the same issue.

Best Answers

• jklein1
    jklein1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So at least so far I found if you do a single account at a time it worked (a poor work around). I'm sure just like others, I've sent in the bugsplat data and hopefully there will be a fix ASAP.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @Francois,

Which connection method are you using for each of the bank accounts that don't update?  Do you have any bank accounts which have the correct online balance(s)?

Also which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    Windows 10 64 bits
    Quicken 2020, Version R29.22, Build 27.1.29.22

I have accounts at 3 banks. Two of the banks have this issue; the other has had no new transaction since 10/8/2020 so I can't tell.

The connection for both banks with the issue is Express Web Connect.
  • Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Windows version is 1909 and it was up-to-date with patches as of last week.
  • Jim Reid
    Jim Reid Member ✭✭
    Same here, got a bugsplat report thing that came up, and i sent the report. Windows 10, Quicken Premier 2020 R29.22 (27.1.29.22)
  • Jim Reid
    Jim Reid Member ✭✭
    Seems to be Quicken system problem, not something requiring changes to connection methods that have been working for months
  • Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    I did a manual update as suggested in the link and it did update the online balances for both banks although I had to do it twice for one of the bank . I will change the update method to Direct Connect.
  • Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    Correction: the current method for one of the bank is Express Web Connect+ and for the other bank it is Express Web Connect. I tried to change the connection method but no other method is offered for either bank.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that we identified the issue and the workaround actually worked!  

Two additional points about Direct Connect - it is also actually a more secure connection method, since there is no middleman between you and the bank and therefore no need for your password to be stored by that middleman,  However some banks may charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect, so that may be a consideration.

Take care.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    Correction: the current method for one of the bank is Express Web Connect+ and for the other bank it is Express Web Connect. I tried to change the connection method but no other method is offered for either bank.
  • jklein1
    jklein1 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So at least so far I found if you do a single account at a time it worked (a poor work around). I'm sure just like others, I've sent in the bugsplat data and hopefully there will be a fix ASAP.
  • Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    @jklein1 In my case I had to do it once per bank: all accounts with that bank now have a proper online balance.
  • David4
    David4 Member ✭✭
    Bugsplat...!!! I have been using Quicken for over 20 + years this is the first time I have seen this Bugsplat error pop up. When I attempt the one step Quicken/updates, Quicken program freezes when attempting to perform a one step update. I had to use windows 10 task manager to close quicken. My Credit union updates work OK...I managed to narrow it down to Fidelity investments is the account that freezes.
    What is troubling is I am unable to locate and uninstall Bugsplat. I don't recall that quicken ever notified me about Bugsplat... Why? My Fidelity update worked just fine the other day, no changes have been made to the way quicken connects to Fidelity. I do recall that Quicken recently did a program update within the last few days.. NOTE: I did perform a validate NO ISSUES were found.
  • catdancer103
    catdancer103 Member ✭✭✭
    I too have the problem with incorrect or missing online balances that are not updating for both a bank and an unrelated credit card.  I did the manual update, which worked for awhile, but now I cannot get the Reconcile to work--says there are no unreconciled entries (there are), and on one of the accounts, I have a pale red icon circle to the left of the account.  I did deactivate and reactivate all accts at that bank, but it did not change.  Not sure what to do now.  I've been using Quicken for decades and hadn't changed anything.
  • liab1946
    liab1946 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. two accounts in one bank. One account will not update the bank balance. The other one is correct. Have tried everything. Never had that problem before. Have used Quicken for over 20 years.
  • Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    > @liab1946 said:
    > I have the same issue. two accounts in one bank. One account will not update the bank balance. The other one is correct. Have tried everything. Never had that problem before. Have used Quicken for over 20 years.
    >

I had to manually update each bank once and all accounts with each bank now have a proper online balance.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @liab1946

Can you tell us the method(s) that you use to download transactions from your bank account and the name of the bank?  Also which version of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.