Cloud Sync removes category assignment for Capital One transactions

I have been a Quicken user for 30+ Years. In April 2020, I was forced to pay for a subscription. I was not happy with the new cost but the Mobile capability was promised as one of the benefits. Candidly, the Mobile feature has never worked for several financial institutions.

Now to the current issue. When I turn on Sync and run update, the previous 3 months on my Capital One transactions on my PC have the categories cleared. R27.1.29.22. I have been able to replicate the issue. I restored to my previous file, turned off mobile sync, ran update on the account, ran file validation, turned on mobile sync, reset cloud data(no sync), turned off mobile sync, ran account update...ALL OK. Turned on mobile sync. Ran account update. ALL OK. Run one step update to include cloud sync. A message appears at the top indicating a new sync process has been implemented and excuse the wait. Process performs to 100%. All other accounts ok except Capital One account has previous 3 months of transactions with blank categories. This is more than coincidental that Capital One has implemented a new security authorization process.

I have spent 5+ hours with Quicken Support only to create more problems. I have contacted Capital One and they indicate they done support Quicken issues. Any others out there suffering the same?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you all are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, it may be best to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done and possibly have an escalation filed with our Tier 2 team if they see fit in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help sort this out.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @russellcdodd

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have reviewed your previous interactions with support and the steps that you have tried. I had one question I wanted to clarify.

Did you see this issue when creating a test file? A test file would include creating a brand new file and adding the Capital One account and attempting to sync the account to mobile and see if this issue persited.

Do you recall walking through this process with any of the agents that you spoke with?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • russellcdodd
    russellcdodd Member ✭✭
    I did perform a test file process...3x...no difference. I assume there are Quicken changes that continue to be made to fix the recent CLoud improvement implementation. I can now turn on the Sync feature with no category issues for Capital One transactions. However, there still remains the original issue of not receiving any new Capital One transactions without preforming an Account Reset.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @russellcdodd

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue to the Community.

Please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this problem. This report will not receive a direct response, however, the information will be used for research purposes.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I have had the same issue. Even though I reset the cloud, it just wiped out my categories for the second time back to August for PNC & Discover. I have turned Mobile and Web off and restored from backup. Cloud sync does not work for me despite resetting it. I do have Quicken running on multiple computers, but I have been careful to indicate I only want to look at the file on all computers except my primary one.
  • mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭
    Happening to me as well for Costco/Citibank Visa.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you all are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, it may be best to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done and possibly have an escalation filed with our Tier 2 team if they see fit in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help sort this out.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I am having the exact same issue. Has wiped out categories going back 3 months. Have restored, and wiped it out again next time I one step updated. Very frustrating. Capital one account only.
This discussion has been closed.