portfolio download error

Initial setup for downloading transactions. Pulled in transactions fine, but also pulled in the portfolio from a different account also at schwab. I checked, the link was to the right account, so it imported the IRA portfolio into the other account.

So how do I delete the downloaded portfolio? Transactions are working fine now.
Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @india just

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

To clarify, by portfolio, are you meaning account on the left-hand side as shown below?

If so, are you looking to remove this account completely? To do so, highlight the account and navigate to the "Accounts" menu and choose "Delete Account."

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    IRA account and brokerage/cash account at schwab. Brokerage/cash has no stocks, is basically used as checking account.
    When I linked, it imported payments correctly, but then added the IRA portfolio to the brokerage/cash account.  Not good. Now I have a double portfolio, in both accounts.

How do I get rid of the incorrectly imported stock portfolio in the brokerage/cash account?

Decades of transactions, no desire to delete account and start over.
  • india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    perhaps i may clarify, portfolio is just the stocks in the ira, as there are no other brokerage or stock accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @india just

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    I took your hints and asked on a different part of the Q multiverse.  (there are so many logins here that I feel constantly lost)  Anywho... Placeholder transactions. Since the import was a failure, and I had no actual investment buys, Q added placeholder transactions, at the very beginning of the transaction file.  I did not see since account dates to 2001, far in the distant past.  Once I deleted those placeholders, everything worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.