Already cleared payment is still "processing" and preventing further payments.

Quicken won’t let me use Quick Pay to pay a credit card bill because “A payment to this biller is currently processing”, even though said payment ($748.21 on 10/16/20) is already cleared in my checking account *and* on the credit card account. :s
Is there a way around this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dantarbill,

It sounds like there may be a timing issue with this payee.  Please see the guidance in this LINK.

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• The error message I’m getting doesn’t mention “The payment was canceled…”.

The message referred to in your link says…

"Your payment has been canceled because [biller name] has indicated you recently made a payment. The payment was canceled to ensure that you do not double-pay."

My error message says…

“A payment to this biller is currently processing”

• It’s not just one biller. Multiple billers have this issue.
    • The payments the error is referring to are on the order of a month old. There’s been plenty of time for them to finish processing.

Another message I’m getting is…

“This payment cannot be made because the online biller information is not available: click the ‘gear’ icon in the Bills and Income tab and select Manage Online billers. Remove the biller, and add it again, and try your payment again.”

When I attempt to remove the biller, it complains that there are still payments pending. I’m then forced to make a duplicate biller entry. It’s subsequently difficult to determine which biller instance to use since they appear identical.

It’s like I need to delete all the payees/billers and start over, but it won’t let me. Is there an actual fix for this?

I am decidedly unhappy.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dantarbill

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support on Monday by Phone.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile to locate the issue and provide a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.