Same-Day Sale Confirmation

mlgilbert7
mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I had a call assigned, so I had to buy back the shares I was short. During the update, a pop-up appeared 11 times asking me if it was a same day sale.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details for the record, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

• mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    US Quicken Premier for windows, 2020 version R28.24
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mlgilbert7

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you're currently experiencing this trouble.

I have a few questions to better help me understand what could be happening.

Have you seen any pop-ups since this issue occurred?

How were you updating? Do you use One Step Update or did you update the brokerage individually?

Also, do you sync to or use the mobile or web app at all?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    This was happening every time I cover an assigned call when I do the one step update. I don't sync or use the mobile or web app.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mlgilbert7

Just curious, do you have any answers to the questions that were asked of you (above) two months ago by @Quicken_Tyka?

Additional information would be helpful in identifying your apparently ongoing problems...

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    There are various popups in normal operation, for that combination of transactions it comes up 10+ times.
    I always do the one-step update, but I think the popups were when I was on that account and after various steps.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  So you are still getting the "popups" multiple times when you answer the popup question?  And can you explain how that has to do with "one-step update" because those two items are not normally directly connected.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    The type of update was one of the questions asked by Tyka. I don't think it's related.

I have only run into this situation 3 or 4 times in the last couple years. But it's plenty frustrating when it happens.
  • dfusik_nc
    dfusik_nc Member ✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue and wondering if there as been any progress figuring this out. I'm using Quicken subscription for Windows. My issue occurs when I do a OneStep Update. I am repeatedly asked, 10+ times, about the same downloaded transaction in one account. The message reads "The account *** has a Sell transaction of *** shares of *** on 1/12/2021, shortly before a Buy transaction of the same number of shares of that security. Is this due to a same-day sale from an employee stock or similar plan?" In response I click "No" in order for the OneStep Update to continue. This happens 10+ times, as mentioned, so I have to click "No" 10+ times in order for the OneStep Update to complete. If I go to the account register and accept the transactions in question then this will stop, but it comes back again next time there are similar transactions downloaded. I'm fine with answering the question one time but why 10+ times? It makes the simple process of OneStep Update time consuming and frustrating.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened in real life? Did you sell the security then buy it back the same day?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    My call was assigned, which shows up as a short sale. Then on the same day I buy the stock to close the short.
  • dfusik_nc
    dfusik_nc Member ✭✭
    Yes, sell and buy back the same day, just not in an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get one message for each of these Sell/Buy transactions, or multiple messages per transaction?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    No, it is 10+ message boxes with identical information for a single transaction.
  • dfusik_nc
    dfusik_nc Member ✭✭
    Same here, single transaction, 10+ message boxes.