When attempting to open Quicken in windows, it doesn't

It starts the process but when I attempt to enter the password and begin, I get the spinning blue circle, I can't get task manger to react so I can't shut it down unless I do a hard shutdown. Then the computer goes into its circling disc routine. I leave at this point and some times have to wait hours to get access to the computer. I only use the computer for Quicken because I heard Mac performance was poor. I don't think the performance can be any worse than this.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @rlmoffatt thank you for providing the requested information.

I'd like you to try reverting back to the previous update release R29.22 which you can download and install from this link and see if this resolves the issue or not. This will also help us determine whether or not the new update release is causing the issue in the first place.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @michaelmanna,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I first recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. If that does not help, then you can try doing a clean uninstall/reinstall by following the instructions found in this support article under the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• rlmoffatt
    rlmoffatt Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Hello Anja, I am having the same issue and tried the steps you noted above and from the support article. It did not work. It started after the last quicken update and Windows update. Please help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @rlmoffatt,

Thank you for adding to this discussion, though I apologize that you're having the same trouble and the steps provided did not work for you.

In that case, before I provide further steps, are you able to please provide exactly which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Given the nature of the issue, I'm not sure if you will be able to access the help menu successfully. So, please check back and let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Anja

• DrSkee
    DrSkee Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Well, I see we are having the same problems as earlier in the year. After Quicken 25.10 was installed, it started requiring passwords when passwords were not previously used. After I did the whole uninstall and reinstall routine twice, several hours on the phone with Quicken support, Quicken still does not work. And after the last reinstall, I cannot get Quicken to open or even update.

[removed-rant]
  • rlmoffatt
    R30.9 Build 27.1.30.9
  • rlmoffatt
    Hello Anja, any help with this????
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    @rlmoffatt thank you for providing the requested information.

I'd like you to try reverting back to the previous update release R29.22 which you can download and install from this link and see if this resolves the issue or not. This will also help us determine whether or not the new update release is causing the issue in the first place.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• rlmoffatt
    OMG! Thank you! It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Perfect! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

Going forward I recommend not installing the R30.9 update release and instead wait for the next one to be released.

-Quicken Anja

• rlmoffatt
    Got it. Will do! Thank you so much. I had called Karen at phone support and got the standard your file is corrupt answer! I knew it wasn't because the backup wouldn't work either. You are the best! ❤❤❤❤
This discussion has been closed.