Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Payment set up in Quicken Register is not being uploaded

Payment set up in Quicken Register is not being uploaded (Continues to say "send")
Tagged:

Answers

• Don FDon F Member ✭✭
    One Step Update indicates transactions have been completed but when I attempt to close Quicken, it asks me if I want to send the Payments. Don F
  • Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Don F,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Although your message is brief, I infer that you are speaking about sending a Quicken Bill Manager payment from your account Register. Is that correct? If so, this article may be useful to you. To better help you, will you more fully describe your exact situation please?
  • Don FDon F Member ✭✭
    I am not using Quicken Bill Manager. I'm simply trying to upload payments to be made by my bank. I've used this program for years and never had this problem. Don F
  • Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the additional information: you are using your Bank's Bill Pay system, not the Quicken Bill Manager.
    Will you please post additional details as to your exact situation so that we might be better able to help you? What year/version/build of Quicken are you using? What Financial Institution are you working with? Do you get any error messages (and if so, what exactly does the error message say)? Has anything recently changed on your system (VPN/anti-virus/firewall/ISP)? Has your FI changed anything recently? If need be, you are welcome to contact support directly for one-on-one help. 
  • Lou MeyerLou Meyer Member ✭✭
    Started Yesterday. There is no error message, in fact, One Step Update reports COMPLETE when run

There are at least three transactions that should have downloaded last night (or before) and one bill remainder with status "TO SEND" will not send.

Tried account reset and still not working
  • I'm having the same problem with Regions Bank
  • Larry3Larry3 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Started 11/8/2020.
  • Not yet
  • daviddwtdaviddwt Member ✭✭
    Mine's not working with Regions Bank either ........anyone out there got a clue. I deleted all the transactions that were pending to send to see if they were hung, and updated and then reentered them and tried again and it still won't send them. Nothing uploads to regions even though it says sending transactions when you update and no error comes back.
    Payments won't upload to Regions as of Nov 10.....not sure whats happening....it does the one step update and no errors show up, but no payments or payees get sent
  • Don FDon F Member ✭✭
    That is the same problem I'm having. I spent one hour with Quicken yesterday. No resolution!
  • Larry3Larry3 Member ✭✭
    How can we get Quicken's attention to this problem?
  • Micheal  H Micheal H Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I have the same problem with direct connect to Regions bank. [removed-disruptive] I called regions was told that they did not think it was there problem. I can download transactions, I even sent a money transfer between my 2 accounts at Regions bank everything works but the send payments
    I have a call into Regions and should hear from them sometime.

One thing I've noticed is that Quicken has a different routing number than the one that appears on my checks, savings deposit slips and business checks.

Is that the case for anyone else following this post?? I don't know if that's the issue or not, but it does seem odd.
  • ray_albertray_albert Member ✭✭
    having the same issue. was able to make payments as of last Friday 11/6/2020 and as of 11/13/2020 unable to send. I am able to download/received cleared items from Regions. I have the latest windows 10 update and the latest Quicken updates as of 11/14/2020. the other thing i noticed is that it OSU is very slow in processing and that it is now processing the Online update vs Regions Direct Connect update.
    Hugh, Nothing as changed on mine. Same FI for last 25 years. lastest version of Quicken Premier. Before the last update was 29.22, now i believe it is 30.x. was working fine as of 11/6/2020. now for the last 2 days unable to Send but i am able to receive transactions from Regions Bank. Received transactions Friday 11/13/2020 and Saturday 11/14/2020. I have not been able to send as of 11/13/2020.
    Hugh, getting no error messages. Getting a green button that your FI has been updated.
    edited November 2020
    I don't think the routing number is the issue. I'm still waiting to hear back from Regions. The reason transactions don't download is due to the Bill Payments not UPLOADING. If you have no Bill Payments to send, transactions download. At least, that's what happened in my case

In the meantime I think I have a workaround. It's not pretty.

If your like me you have at least one bill payment that won't SEND.

Here's what I did.

********* BACKUP YOUR FILE ***********

1. Go to Regions web site and enter your payment(s) under Bill Payment section. Make sure they show up under Pending Payments section. This is purely for the purpose of making sure your bills are actually paid.
    2. In Quicken, go to account Register for your Regions account and find the Bill Payment that won't send. Change the check# from SEND to AUTO and save. Repeat for all un-sent payments.
    3. The Bill Reminders list should now show these as PAID and hopefully will matchup and CLEAR when the actual payments are processed.

Perform One Step Update (or regions stand Alone) and your other transactions should now download.
  • Same problem. I spent an hour on the phone with a Quicken tech. He was unable to help and suggested that I call back on Monday if I still had a problem.
    Classic. Personally, I believe this is a Quicken problem since no error messages are returned. I have not elevated to Regions; but, I will.
    Where is Quicken support
    I'm still not able to send transactions. This should be a high priority on quicken to get this resolved.
  • Don FDon F Member ✭✭
    I've spent the morning talking to Quicken and Regions "tech support" units and no help. They just refuse to talk to each other. Obviously one of them made a change early last week that has created the problem, but neither appears to be inclined to review their "update" and fix this problem.
    edited November 2020
    Somebody changed something last week and broke the Quicken-Regions connection. Neither Regions nor Quicken will acknowledge its their problem. I spent 2 hrs on the line with Quicken and an hour with Regions. [removed-rant/speculation]
    edited November 2020
    quicken "support" just said it's all the banks fault after 2 minutes in chat...and they couldn't do anything about it.........[removed-rant/disruptive]
    edited November 2020
    I called regions again, the lady said they would call me back in a few days. [removed-disruptive] I tried to make make a new quicken file for regions bank
    Still had the same problem :s I'm out of ideals only thing left is delete quicken and reload the program new
    edited November 2020
    ok I did a complete reinstall of quicken for windows Did not fix anything
    [removed-disruptive]
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Micheal H " ,

Are you using Direct Connect Connection to Regions Bank?
    Have you set up Online Payees?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.20  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21322.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

@michael h. We've used quicken for years with the direct connect and online posted all set up and it with working on November 9. It's not a failure to configure it right... Is that it with working when it's worked for years
  • Don FDon F Member ✭✭
    Yes, I use Direct Connect for Regions and have several Online Payees set up. All have worked well for years with no problems till last week.
    This problem would start to be corrected if Regions would talk to Quicken and Quicken would talk to Regions. Instead, hours are being consumed by us users trying to tell different "tech (?) support" personal what the problem is.
    Surely somewhere within Regions management and/or Quicken management there is someone who can connect the dots and see that this is more than an individual problem. Where do we find such a person?
    I guess I'll be paying manually tomorrow. I am able receive the cleared payments