Quicken R29.22 will not send email

Trying to get my wife's business up on a new computer and current version of Quicken on Windows 10. Copied database no issue, but when I attempt to email an invoice everything works as advertised, says email sent, but receive no email. Dont see it in outbox, drafts, inbox, spam etc.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken..... Help --> About Quicken
    The more recent versions of Quicken do not use your local email program,
    but rather send the "package" internally to the remote Quicken servers,
    and they send the email from those remote servers -
    Therefore you will not see it as being sent from your local email program.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• no_knee1
    no_knee1 Member
    I understand that, but the emails are not being received. I have sent them to yahoo, gmail and my work .com addresses. The invoice email never arrives.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what version

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• no_knee1
    no_knee1 Member
    R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22
  • no_knee1
    no_knee1 Member
    Here is step by step
    From invoices click on invoice
    Click on green checkmark which brings up invoice
    Click Email
    Enter email address. have tried sending html and plain text
    Click send email
    Window pops up Email sent successfully
    Click OK
    Close invoice.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    just for fun - try sending any of the simple Reports from the Reports menus...
    to see if the basic email functions correctly ....
    Reports --> Banking --> Banking Summary
    at top --> click envelope icon --> select PDF document -->
    fill in email addressing info ---> click Send Email
    also... look in any Spam folders on the receiving end

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• no_knee1
    no_knee1 Member
    Tried. Same result. Email sent, don't see an email to my yahoo or business accounts.
  • no_knee1
    no_knee1 Member
    Yes checked spam also....
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @no_knee1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this.

Could you please check and let us know in what location your data file is saved on your computer, please? The recommended/default location is in the following pathway-- C:\Users\Username\Documents\Quicken

Also, I'd like to test and see if we would be able to receive it on our end if you'd be willing to send us a test-invoice. To do so, I have sent you a direct message with an email address for you to send it to. Please, navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• no_knee1
    no_knee1 Member
    Quicken data does look to be saved to the recommended location on the C drive. I will send test invoice now.
  • R-Robert
    R-Robert Member
    Same basic issue with Quicken 30.10. Reports can be sent as XLSX spreadsheets, but reports supposedly e-mailed as PDFs claim to send but never arrive. My suspicion is that a firewall somewhere (maybe on Quicken's servers?) flags the PDF attachments as suspicious and blocks or refuses the email.
This discussion has been closed.