Can I change a security name and not lose the buying and selling history?

A mutual Name changed and I don't want to loos the buying history

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    To change the name of a security: press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security, select Edit, replace the Name field, and select OK

Quicken also offers a Corporate Name Change wizard that will perform the name change and add a Reminder transaction in the affected investment account registers: open an investment account register, press Ctrl + N, and select Corporate Name Change in the Enter transaction: pull-down menu
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that there are cases where a 'name change' may not be a simple name change.  It may be necessary to also change the ticker symbol and matching to an online security may also be impacted.  Post back if you might have a more complicated variation on change of a security name, and I'll try to expand on the possibilities. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should also note that making the simple security name change via the processes noted by @Sherlock will change all the transactions history from the old security name to the new security name.  But the rest of the transactions history (dates, buys, sells, prices, income, etc.) will remain unchanged. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)