Downloading investment transactions into multiple Quicken data files

I recently created a second data file in which I have just my three investment accounts. Until very recently, I was able to download new transactions into both data files. Now, however, after I download the transactions into my primary data file, the transactions won't download into my new/second data file. Has something changed recently that is preventing this? Is there a setting that I can change to allow for the downloading of transactions into multiple data files?

Best Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    I helps to know what version you are on since recently some changes were made in R30.9 that affected some users - which might be your case as well.  Simple vs. Complete investment tracking method.  Check your settings in that account and/or in the preferences.
    Edit: And here is a link to a very recent long discussion on this, in case you are interested: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883381/how-do-i-get-to-the-transactions-ledger-on-version-r30-09
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have two data files just like your describe.  The update to R30.9 changed the second data file (I don't check it every day since it is a test file) from Complete to Simple as shown by @BK .  Changing the accounts back to Complete resolved the issue and the second file downloaded and updated as expected.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• G. Scott Phillips
    G. Scott Phillips Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so much!

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    I helps to know what version you are on since recently some changes were made in R30.9 that affected some users - which might be your case as well.  Simple vs. Complete investment tracking method.  Check your settings in that account and/or in the preferences.
    Edit: And here is a link to a very recent long discussion on this, in case you are interested: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883381/how-do-i-get-to-the-transactions-ledger-on-version-r30-09
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have two data files just like your describe.  The update to R30.9 changed the second data file (I don't check it every day since it is a test file) from Complete to Simple as shown by @BK .  Changing the accounts back to Complete resolved the issue and the second file downloaded and updated as expected.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• G. Scott Phillips
    G. Scott Phillips Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so much!