Why has Quickfill has stopped working with Write Checks

Options
I have the Windows subscription version. All of a sudden, in the last couple of weeks, when I go to write checks, the category information is no longer being filled in. I have changed nothing and the Quickfill option is on.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Rick01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest that you first try to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First, save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rmartel
    rmartel Member ✭✭
    Options
    It did not work, have the same problem
  • Rick01
    Rick01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, I tried Validate and Super Validate. Neither worked. When I open Write Checks and enter a payee that I have memorized with category information, neither the amount nor the category information is not filled in. In addition, I'm finding that many of my previously memorized transactions have had their category information wiped out.

The version I have is Quicken Deluxe, Year: 2020, Version R29.22, Build 27.1.29.22
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for the additional information, though I apologize that that did not resolve it for you, and for the delay in my response.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

As for the issue of categories being wiped out, this is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA on it, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release. (QWIN-18081)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.