Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Invesco Account Issues

GIWalt
GIWalt Member ✭✭
Since this morning (Tuesday, November 10), I am unable to update Invesco account. I have a single account. Invesco advises that it updated its Web site today regarding the Account Access page. Suggested I reenter name and password in Quicken. When I do, Quicken finds the account but when I click on "Continue" Quicken says there is a communication issue. Quicken and Invesco are looking into it. Anyone else having issues? I am wondering if the change in "Account Access Page" by Invesco broke things...

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

We have received notice from our Service Providers that they are aware of this issue and working with the financial institution to resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, this post is being moved to the "Current Online Banking Issues" category and will be updated as updates and/or a resolution to this issue is received.

If you would like to automatically receive notice of updates be sure to "bookmark" this thread by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah

ISS-8172171

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GIWalt,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Yes, as you have seen, some changes on a Financial Institution's website (the Invesco "Account Access Page", in your case) could have "broke[n] things..." We apologize for the interruption. As you have noted, Quicken and Invstco are looking into it so as to implement a fix as soon as possible. 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Thank you. For what it's worth, the Invesco setup page in Quicken shows Invesco's link as www.misaves.com which is the Michigan Education Savings Program (having nothing to do with Invesco). As noted earlier, when I enter my login credentials my accounts shows up but can't continue (the Oops communications error).
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @GIWalt - That is an important call-out about the website. I concur; it appears the "Add Account" link needs attention. Is the correct website address where you log in to see your account https://www.invesco.com?
    Will you please report this for investigative purposes (Help > Report a problem...)? (After reporting a problem, you will not receive an answer directly from the dev team, but reporting is extremely important to document existing conditions so as to help us implement a fix faster.) Thank you for your help. 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Okay. I reported it and included a link to this discussion as well as described the issue. As for the link you included, that page is a start but you still need to navigate to the login page on Invesco's website. So, not sure what the correct site should be.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @GIWalt. We'll have to work with our friends at Invesco to get the details sorted out, but with your help, we're all making forward progress. 
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    So is this the kind of thing that I should expect to be fixed in a day, week or month or more? I know you can't promise but I don't want to be a "stalker" and keep contacting Quicken/Invesco about it. How much is a reasonable time to give to get this fixed? Thanks Quicken Hugh.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Downloading transactions from a Financial Institution is high-usage/high-priority function within Quicken. The coding/testing/implementation is done in a timely manner, but I cannot say exactly when it will roll out. Although I will encourage you to check for Quicken software updates not-less-than monthly.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    FWIW, I'm also experiencing this problem beginning November 10 (2020) and into today, November 11. As long I know it's being worked on, I'll stand by. Thanks for reporting it, @GIWalt, and for the comments, Quicken Hugh!
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    As noted above, Invesco advised me they changed the website yesterday or the day before. This morning I received an e-mail update from Invesco stating they don't support third party software and that this is a Quicken issue. I can't say that is right or not...I am only telling you what Invesco stated. So, as they say, don't shoot the messenger.
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭
    I have numerous Invesco accounts.  Downloads have been down for the last day or two.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Based on what Invesco said about changing its website, this needs to be fixed and I have reported to Quicken. Do not have any sense of when this will be corrected.
  • Dave22
    Dave22 Member ✭✭
    FWIW, I too have the same problem with my Invesco updates. Same timeframe too.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I'm also experiencing the same issues with my Invesco account. Ditto to everything mentioned here including the incorrect branding on the Quicken setup page as www.misaves.com.
    I tried deactivating the online services and then setting it up again. I notice that the account number coming back from Invesco is slightly different. It has these characters after the account number "Investment XX7320".
    I have also sent in the "report a problem" information from one step update when it fails for Invesco.
    Quicken User since 1998
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Philip, like you I can get Quicken to find my account but it fails when I click on “continue “. Since this started the same day Invesco says they changed their login site this seems a Quicken/Invesco issue although Invesco says they don’t provide support for 3rd party applications suggesting Invesco thinks it’s on Quicken to resolve. Would be nice if Quicken acknowledged they are on it although Quicken Hugh seems to be saying that.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    I've been downloading my account transactions from Invesco for probably as long as I've used Quicken. My earliest Quicken data file, that I've saved, is from 1991. Anyway, how strange it is that Invesco changes their web portal and now it doesn't work with Quicken. Thankfully for me my Invesco account is not that active and I could do it manually like I've had to with many other institutions that are dropping third party support with Quicken.
    Quicken User since 1998
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    I suggest we give it a week or two. I would think (hope) Invesco is a large enough broker that Quicken would like to resolve this. Hopefully it won't take too long but its only been a few days.
  • I did a reset and while Quicken did connect and find my accounts, the One-step Update errors out. DId some troubleshooting with Quicken. No resolution. I was told to expect a call within a few days while they look into it.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    As noted in the string above, my experience we similar. Quicken finds the account but then cannot add it to my tracked accounts. I too ran some tests with Quicken support (e.g. started new Quicken file with only Invesco but same results). I was advised to wait a few days and if not fixed contact Invesco which I did As noted above, Invesco said they don't provide tech support on third party apps like Quicken so I should reach out to Quicken (which I did). So, let us know if and when you hear back from Quicken. Seems like ball is in Quicken's court to fix or provide some additional information.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm still getting the errors and have to manually maintain my account in Quicken. Probably the way of the future. My guess is Quicken doesn't have a relationship with Invesco.
    Quicken User since 1998
  • I, too, had the same problem at the same time. Posed the question on Invesco help.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    I am giving them some more time. It’s only been a few days.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Still having problems as of today. I'm going to give Invesco until 11/17 (one week after it began) before I call them and as if they no longer plan to be compatible with Quicken (officially) instead of remaining in limbo.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    I heard from Invesco last week and was advised this is an issue Quicken needs to fix as Invesco does not provide support for 3rd party software like Quicken. I don’t know if Quicken would agree but this is what Invesco is saying.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    I emailed Invesco yesterday. This was their response:

"Thank you for visiting invesco.com. We are writing in response to your inquiry regarding your individual account.

We were recently notified about the issues our new Web site has experienced with the Quicken software. We are currently reviewing these issues and do not currently have an estimated time for resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

There you have it. No ETA, but they are aware.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I emailed Invesco yesterday. ..........

I emailed Invesco on the 12th, 4 days ago and just got the response. Here it is;

The issue with Quicken users and our new website is now a known issue and is something we are currently working on to resolve. We will update your once this issue has been fixed. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. 

Quicken User since 1998
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Anybody have anything new to report on Invesco issues with Quicken (see above string)?
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    GIWalt said:
    Anybody have anything new to report on Invesco issues with Quicken (see above string)?
    Nothing yet.
    Quicken User since 1998
  • Dave22
    Dave22 Member ✭✭
    Considering that on Nov 11th Quicken said download issues are a high priority, it sure doesn't feel like it. It's now been 8 days and all we hear are crickets.
    I have this same issue.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭
    20NOV - Latest response from Invesco

The issue preventing Quicken users from connecting to their Invesco Trust Company (ITC) account(s) has been forwarded to the appropriate department for review. However, the issue has not yet been resolved. Currently, we are unable to provide an estimate as to how long the resolution will take. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quicken User since 1998
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully Quicken will fix or give us a status update soon.