Specific Schedule Bill Reminder Scheduling for Specific Days to Enter Into the Registry

For me and many of my clients It used to be long long ago Quicken 2007 that a person could ‘Schedule Bills’ but then a person could also tell Quicken the specific day that a person wants them to show up in the Registries (which then reflects on the ‘Projected Balance’). i.e. People used to like using that like thier Budgeting for the Month.

The current system only allows "Frequency" of Monthly...so it is always Auto Entering 30 Days out...and yes, I know, there are other settings, but it still does not let you say, "After the 1st of the Month, 10 Days Later Enter XXXX Bill into the Registry"

Example - A person gets paid on the 1st…The Garbage bill is due on the 10th. So a person does NOT want Quicken to automatically enter the Garbage Bill every 30 days “early” which then makes the Projected Balance “look” negative “too early”…a person wants Quicken to only enter the Garbage Bill after the 1st of the Month for the 10th in Registry, because then the Projected Balance shows that the Garbage Bill and other “Bills” are covered for the month. So there used to be an ‘Entry Field’ where a person could tell Quicken that on the 1st of every month (enter 10 days later into the registry the Garbage Bill).

Hope that makes sense…would LOVE it if the Quicken engineers could just add another field to the Scheduling...that would control when Quicken would automatically enter the bill. Because right now my clients have been telling Quicken to enter all their bills on the 28th (because of February) with a "Frequency" of Monthly…then they have to go back in and change the dates to when they are actually automatically withdrawn. All because they want to know what thier “real” Projected Ballance is for the month.

Comments

• Darn it...I posted this in the wrong spot as a newbie and cannot figure out how to move it to Budgeting...sorry :-/
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Darn it...I posted this in the wrong spot as a newbie and cannot figure out how to move it to Budgeting...sorry :-/
    Hi @TEKnightRider

I've gone ahead and moved this post into the Budgeting and Planning Tools (Mac) category for you.

Thanks,

Sarah
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @TEKnightRider  I want to make sure I'm understanding the problem correctly. You can schedule a transaction using a wide set of criteria, and I'm not sure what you're saying it can't do that people need. 

One thing that sometimes trips people up is in the user interface for scheduling a bill.

The key is to click that little triangle to the left of Starting, to open up additional options for scheduling a transaction:

This enables you to enter a bill for, say, the 10th day of each month, or the 2nd Monday or each month, or last Friday of each month, or 2nd Monday of each quarter, etc.

Can you explain what it is that you and your clients would like to schedule that isn't possible with these options?

Also, it isn't necessary to schedule transactions for the 28th of each month because of February. You can select Last day of a month, and Quicken now correctly adapts to the correct last date of each month, whether the month has 31, 30 or 28 days, as you can see here in the first 5 monthly transactions scheduled in 2021:

(The only option I think I've heard users wish to have added is a "Weekday" parameter, so you could specify "Last Weekday in a month".)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    (The only option I think I've heard users wish to have added is a "Weekday" parameter, so you could specify "Last Weekday in a month".)

Nope... see this very long thread...

Additional option for frequency of occurrence on bill reminders

There used to be parallel IDEA threads, one for Windows and Mac, but someone decided to merge them into only one idea thread...BUT it is only listed under QWin and no longer shows up under QMac even though MANY of the replies are in the context of QMac.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @smayer97 I should have said the request I'm aware of seeing repeated over time is the weekday operator. That thread you referenced is marked as planned for development. (Which of the many, many ideas in that thread will be implemented will be interesting to see.)

Still would like to hear from @TEKnightRider
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    That thread you referenced is marked as planned for development.
    BTW, it is currently only marked for development for QWin ... For months I have repeatedly asked for confirmation if this is also the case for QMac since this was a merged thread from both platforms... all I get is crickets.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.