Register Balances Inaccurate After Update

After one of the two most recent updates (R30.10 or R30.09), my register balances have jumped up by several thousand dollars. This appears to be a bug in one of those releases. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd guess it was the R30.09 update as there were complaints by some that they were seeing duplicate transactions in their Accounts.  I don't think Quicken's going to be doing anything to fix things.  I'd suggest either restoring a backup immediately before accepting R30.09 or working through your Accounts to spot and delete duplicate transactions, if that's what causing the jump up in your Accounts.
  • GrandpaB
    GrandpaB Member ✭✭
    That's exactly what customer support had me do. She asked if I considered the issue resolved. I said yes, but was disappointed that an update apparently corrupted my data file, and that it would be nice if they'd do better testing before releasing updates.
  • albator159
    albator159 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I did a backup before updating to R30.10
    I installed R30.10.
    My register is in negative. Was positive last night.
    I uploaded my backup.
    My register is still negative.
    There is no function to find duplicate. I have to find it myself, what a waste of time. I AM SO TIRED OF THIS. I have 3600 Transactions to go through. GRRRRRRR!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the register you're looking at is correctly sorted by Date?
    Click the Date column header to set sort sequence by date. You should get a small triangle next to the "Date" column header. If the triangle points up, sort sequence is set to ascending order, newest transactions at the bottom of the register. If it points down, sort sequence is set to descending order, newest transaction at the top of the register. To toggle sort sequence between ascending and descending, click the Date column header again.