If your IRA is invested in an annuity that credits daily interest, How do you set it up?

There are no shares or ticker symbols.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would just put in the balance as of your most recent statement. Then whenever you get a new statement, you can add the additional interest manually. There's really no need to add interest on a daily basis. Savings accounts don't download interest daily – they do it monthly, so this should be good enough for your annuity.
  • niftyk
    niftyk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! I’m just going to call the named annuity “Cash” instead of the fund they put it in that has no portfolio or ticker symbol or quote & credit interest monthly.

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would just put in the balance as of your most recent statement. Then whenever you get a new statement, you can add the additional interest manually. There's really no need to add interest on a daily basis. Savings accounts don't download interest daily – they do it monthly, so this should be good enough for your annuity.
  • niftyk
    niftyk Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! I’m just going to call the named annuity “Cash” instead of the fund they put it in that has no portfolio or ticker symbol or quote & credit interest monthly.
  • niftyk
    niftyk Member ✭✭
    The download from brokerage company automatically set the fund up as a security which was not needed since there’s no actual security for Quicken to track.
This discussion has been closed.