Cloud attachments

How do I disable cloud attachments for all accounts? I do not want my attachments stored in the cloud. I just noticed some of my newer accounts are uploading attachments to the cloud and there seems to be no way to disable it.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you are syncing your accounts to Mobile/Web (Quicken cloud account) you can't prevent the attachments from being synced too.  Note that currently only the image attachments are synced.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TulsaVic
    TulsaVic Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @cebarnes77 I'm with you. I do *not* use Mobile/Web and it is disabled in my desktop Quicken preferences. But everytime I add an attachment, it gives me the icon of uploading to the cloud. This is my information and I should have control over it. At the very least, give me a way to manage my cloud documents so I can go to Quicken.com and delete them.
  • TulsaVic
    TulsaVic Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Here's a workaround for deleting attachments, I can find no way to prevent them from being uploaded. You can, on a transaction by transaction basis, delete them from the cloud.
    1) Select the attachment in your transaction that you want to remove from the cloud.
    2) Click on the "Cloud" icon in the lower left of the screen. It will give you an option to "Delete".
    3) Select this "Delete" option
    4) It will give you 2 other options, "Delete from cloud & desktop" and "Delete from cloud only" Click on"Delete from cloud only".
    5) You'll get a confirmation question, reply "Yes"
    6) You'll get a confirmation message that the file has been removed from the cloud.
    Screenshots are attached.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TulsaVic

Thank you for the response and the question.

The Quicken Cloud facilitates downloads through Express Web Connect, the use of Online Services such as eBills/Online Billers, Investment Quote Updates, Credit Score Updates, and more.

While you can choose to not sync the data for use with the mobile or web app if you are using any of the above services Quicken will still sync to the Quicken Cloud to facilitate these services.

To learn more about the Quicken Cloud, please take a moment to review the information available here.

If you would like to submit a feature request or a change to the sync process, I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • pv72114
    pv72114 Member ✭✭
    If you do not want any attachments going to the cloud, the solution is a bit strange and not intuitive.
    1. Click Edit->Preferences.
    2. Click Mobile & Web.
    3. Move Sync button to right so its ON (it will turn blue). (This is where its strange)
    4. It lists the number of accounts. Click on that area. Enter your vault password if applicable.
    5. Now you will see the accounts you have that are using Express Web Connect.
    6. Deselect all that you do not want sending attachments to the cloud. This will not effect transactional downloads.
    7. Move the Sync button back over to left (Off).

Voila!.
    I am using Quicken Premier subscription version 33.22 Good luck.
  • denlow
    denlow Member ✭✭
    I just tried pv72114's solution, however it showed none of my accounts using Web Connect. It is strange that the program just recently started sending my attachments to the Cloud. If I hit the ADD attachment button a second time, the Cloud icon does not appear indicating an upload, but now I have the locally stored attachment plus an identical one out in the Cloud!!
  • Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    I tried PV72114's suggestion, and it seems to work. I unchecked boxes for three accounts, and it 'appears' that the cloud icons/notifications/references for attachments are gone. But, I'll be watching it closely. It's certainly not intuitive. And, to be honest, if this solves the issue, then it would appear that the mobile-sync on/off switch isn't exactly accurate.
  • denlow
    denlow Member ✭✭
    Something else I noticed...the attachments going to the cloud are .pdf files, when I attach a Word .docx file it does not upload. They really need a way to opt out of cloud uploads altogether!
This discussion has been closed.