Asking for category change ALWAYS

Options
After updating to the latest version of QH&B&RR version 30.10, now whenever I change an amount on a previously entered item, quicken asks if I want to update the category(see attached). This should only happen if I change the category.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, could you please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Alerts & Message and click on the Reset Quicken Warnings button (see below).

Once that is done, please close and relaunch Quicken. Navigate back to Edit > Preferences > Data entry and QuickFill, and verify that your settings are still set to your preference.

Then, go ahead and go back to your register to try editing another amount again and see if this resolved the issue or if it persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja but this isn't about not getting the alert which is what "Reset Quicken Warnings" is all about.  And as it turns of for this one, "Do not offer..." option just toggles the Option ins this setting.

I tested this an I see the same bug as @Greg Brown.

Given that the "Only when updating uncategorized transactions" option is off, it will ask if you want to update the category for past transactions when you change the amount, which like Greg said is wrong.

Interesting it will not do that if you select "Only when updating uncategorized transactions".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Chris_QPW Allow me to clarify my reasoning behind my suggestion-- I'm aware that the Reset Quicken Warnings button isn't specific to that setting. I was trying to see if it would trigger the glitch since it is a pop-up dialog prompt. I apologize if my suggestion caused any confusion.

Now that you have mentioned that you are seeing this same behavior though (which thank you for that), I went ahead and tested it myself as well and got the same result.

That being said, @Greg Brown, please disregard my prior suggestion as I will now proceed by submitting a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams instead for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you both for quickly bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja I see your point, it was worth a shot.  Thanks.
    Signature:
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Thanks to you both.

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Greg Brown,

I have been notified that this issue should be fixed now with version R30.14.

If you haven't already, could you please update your Quicken program to version R30.14 and confirm whether or not this issue has been fixed for you?

Please, check back and let us know!
    (QWIN-18102)

-Quicken Anja

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja  I can confirm that it is fixed in R30.14.

Thank you and everyone involved!
    Signature:
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken Anja The issue has been resolved.
    Thank you.