Chase accounts hung on Awaiting next bill

On the Bills & Income page all my Chase credit cards are in the "Awaiting next bill" state even though the bills were posted to the Chase site as long as two weeks ago. If I try to schedule to pay the upcoming balance with "Pay with Quick Pay" it will only allow me to immediately post a payment. I had to provide a texted code to the Chase site a few weeks back when a scheduled payment was bounced for needing more authentication, but payments previously scheduled after that posted with no problem.

Best Answer

• Tom Arons
    Tom Arons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I opened a call with Quicken support this morning. After verifying that there was nothing wrong on the Chase end by setting up a linked account in a new Quicken file. We tried various iterations of unlinking and relinking the account and logging out of and quitting Quicken. The call was escalated to some kind of back end support which changed something so that now everything is working like it's supposed to.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Tom Arons,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing difficulties and for not having received a response yet.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

I took the liberty of checking the Chase Onlne Biller status on your account and performed an internal refresh on it. Could you please try refreshing the bill on your end as well to see if the Awaiting next bill will change to an amount due?

As for scheduling the payment, if you haven't already, could you please try scheduling the payment from your Account Register instead of the Bills & Income tab? To do so, in your account register, simply create a new transaction, enter the date desired to pay. In the Check # field, choose the option for Pay with Quick Pay (see below), and fill out the payee, category, and amount. Then, save.

Alternatively, you can also try scheduling the payment from the Bill Pay dropdown menu as well. For instructions, please refer to this support article, and under the Quick Pay section, open the blue dropdown section titled Paying with Quick Pay from the Main Menu.

I'd like to see if it will allow you to schedule it from other areas of the program or gives you the same result.

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom Arons
    Tom Arons Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I opened a call with Quicken support this morning. After verifying that there was nothing wrong on the Chase end by setting up a linked account in a new Quicken file. We tried various iterations of unlinking and relinking the account and logging out of and quitting Quicken. The call was escalated to some kind of back end support which changed something so that now everything is working like it's supposed to.
This discussion has been closed.