help with Mac....transactions

Yes I'm new and I have looked to see if my question has been answered but gosh its all quite overwhelming coming here. So many places to go and read. So I didn't see my question....here goes. I just added Quicken to my Mac. Its a paid subscription. When I open it up it has only taken in transactions of my accounts starting at 8-5-2020. It says live opening balance 8-5-2020. How can I get the whole year up starting with Jan 1? And yes its my regular checking account that I have had for years. I clicked on this year but it still only starts with 8-5-2020. Same goes for my credit card. Thanks for any help. Since I am paying for a subscription should I just ask quicken? (darn if I didn't;t put this question in the water cooler spot!)

Best Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Most financial institutions download only up to three months' worth of transactions. This is likely the best you can do, other than to go through all of your statements for the year and manually enter the transactions. If you do that, you should change the date of your opening balance.

There may be some folks on this site who have other ideas. There are a lot of helpful people here, so one of them will likely speak up.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Some financial institutions allow you to download a .qfx file (or "Quicken file") of your transactions going back more than three months; then you can upload that file into Quicken. You're likely to have some overlap of transactions which you'll need to clean up. It all depends on what your financial institution offers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Most financial institutions download only up to three months' worth of transactions. This is likely the best you can do, other than to go through all of your statements for the year and manually enter the transactions. If you do that, you should change the date of your opening balance.

There may be some folks on this site who have other ideas. There are a lot of helpful people here, so one of them will likely speak up.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Some financial institutions allow you to download a .qfx file (or "Quicken file") of your transactions going back more than three months; then you can upload that file into Quicken. You're likely to have some overlap of transactions which you'll need to clean up. It all depends on what your financial institution offers.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gypsyiam
    gypsyiam Member
    Thanks SO much for your replies. Helped me a bunch.
This discussion has been closed.