BOA getting error CC-555.

Will this CC-555 error while trying to update the account resolve, or is there something I must do to fix?

Best Answer

Answers

• kbesca
    kbesca Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same issue this morning.
  • russwy
    russwy Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    This morning 11/24, my B of A accounts would not download, States could not connect with server. Tried to deactivate and set up again, but will not connect at all.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Encountering CC-555 Error on Bank of America One Step Update?
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @David Buell,

I am also getting the same error code and this problem appears to be happening to a number of users today.  I suspect this is something that the Quicken folks will be looking into very soon.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you might want to review the guidance located here https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-connecting-bank-using-one-step-update-cc-555

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE - The Bank of America error code has gone away and accounts are again downloading okay.

Frankx

• kbesca
    kbesca Member ✭✭
    It's not working still - I am still receiving the same error as yesterday.
  • dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Still not working for me either. Tried deactivating and then activating it and get a cc-502. Set up looks good even sends a 2FA code my phone but then fails to connect.
  • flagholder
    flagholder Member ✭✭✭
    Bank of America was stating my password is not correct.. could log in directly to the web site... Quicken would not allow a download into BOA.
    Finally, I deleted the online services download link...
    Started a new connection online services... put in user/password... it then asked me for verification code... got the code from BOA and everything worked. BOA may have changed some security settings....and needed the code to work.
    I am now able to download without error.
  • chestrenu
    chestrenu Member ✭✭
    Today I get a request to text a code to my cell which I get and then enter to Quicken. At that point Quicken tries to log in to BA and fails. Tried twice to no avail.
  • donsch
    donsch Member ✭✭
    I had success downloading this morning. After disengaging then setting up the on line download with my existing UID and PW. Cheers
  • chestrenu
    chestrenu Member ✭✭
    Be surprised if this gets fixed until after holiday!
  • dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Working for me now. Since I had deactivated it... it asks for uid/pw to activate and then I had to request two 2FA codes to my phone (weird) but.... it then allowed me to link it again. OSU works now for BOA and the rest of my accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    chestrenu,

I suggest that you go online at BOA and change your settings - go to "Sign -In Settings > "General settings" and turn off "Extra security at sign-in".

Frankx

• kbesca
    kbesca Member ✭✭
    it worked once i reset the account. Thanks everyone!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you've all seen this update already: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20133574#Comment_20133574

Frankx

• chestrenu
    chestrenu Member ✭✭
    Just tried this again to no avail. I did the login and and it sent a code which I entered then get CC-502 server not available. Went into BA site and shut off code in security and tried again and got same result. This is still a work in progress and not solved!
  • chestrenu
    chestrenu Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Switched from QCS to FDS and success, was able to set up BA download and download successfully. So it seems that there is some bug with the QCS server not liking the BA security code sent to text and then can't connect to BA server. I'm not an expert but this should be checked out by an expert! I will keep Quicken set to FCS until this is truly resolved.
  • henry zajac
    henry zajac Member ✭✭
    STILL NOT WORKING as of 11-26-20
  • hughstev
    hughstev Member ✭✭
    Still getting CC-555 after deactivating and activating.
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I also have had the same behavior as others with issues related to BOA. When I get the code, and enter it, I actually get a bug splat. I have submitted multiple reports related to the bug splat. Still not working for me this evening.
  • chestrenu
    chestrenu Member ✭✭
    I found that F4 + about in Quicken to switch from QCS to FDS allowed me to connect to BA. After downloading BA successfully, I switched back to QCS and BA download still works. Seems that QCS does not like code provided by BA.
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
    OK -- I finally called support. Took a couple of days working with some really nice guys from support (Marco and Byron) and we resolved the issue. Basically it involved deactivating the accounts (and removing the financial institution and account numbers from the setup screens). Then we applied a special Mondo Patch. Once the patch was installed, we were able to reconnect to BOA and I was able to Relink the accounts to the existing ones. Everything now works. Call support --- wait time was a little long but not horrible and the guys I worked with were polite, professional and helpful. They will work with you on the deactivation part and then ask about the Mondo Patch.
This discussion has been closed.