Financial Institution: Bank of America - Quicken not working?

CaveCreek
CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
I've been downloading transactions for a CC account at Bank of American using Bank of America - Quicken as my connection. It stopped working yesterday with CC-555 error. Today it wanted me to set up connection to Bank of America - All other states. When I tried to do that, it won't work for my account. I don't want to pay Bank of America $15 a month for Web Connect just to download transactions ( e.g.- I don't do bill pay for that account). Any suggestions as to why Bank of America - Quicken stopped working?
B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century

Best Answers

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Somehow Quicken behind the scenes changed the financial institution on my BOA CC Account in Quicken from Bank of America - Quicken to Bank of America - All other states.

I then tried adding a new account and got failures that "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time." Based on Quicken-Francisco's procedure to Sign Out of my Quicken ID & Cloud account and sign Back in:

Go to Edit
    Preferences
    Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box),

I was than able to connect to BOA and associate my Bank of America - All other states connection to my original Quicken Account. Bottom line, Humpty-Dumpty is back together again and working. So, I'm happy for the moment.

Thanks Frankxx and Quicken-Francisco.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • oldshellback
    oldshellback Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is the solution I used:
    1. Deactivate the account. Don't delete it
    2. Go through the steps to add an account, but don't select the B of A Icon,
    a. Search for Bank of America, you should see an entry for:
    b. Bank of America - Quicken select this one.
    c. Use your current userid/password for B of A
    3. Follow the steps to link this new account to the old one and you will be good
    to go.

note:
    It did take 2 passes at 2 factor authentication to work

Answers

• lmbeck65
    lmbeck65 Member ✭✭
    I am so frustrated and fed up with Quicken, why c an you not fix online banking issues in a timely manner and why do you announce things are fixed when they are not. I am still getting cc-502 with Bank of America. Using windows version R30.10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Anja's post was about CC-555/155, not CC-502.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @David Buell

There have been many other members who experienced this BOA issue in the last few days - please see this message thread and follow the instructions from @Quicken Anja
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20133574#Comment_20133574

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Somehow Quicken behind the scenes changed the financial institution on my BOA CC Account in Quicken from Bank of America - Quicken to Bank of America - All other states.

I then tried adding a new account and got failures that "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time." Based on Quicken-Francisco's procedure to Sign Out of my Quicken ID & Cloud account and sign Back in:

Go to Edit
    Preferences
    Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box),

I was than able to connect to BOA and associate my Bank of America - All other states connection to my original Quicken Account. Bottom line, Humpty-Dumpty is back together again and working. So, I'm happy for the moment.

Thanks Frankxx and Quicken-Francisco.
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
    This option to sign out and in does not work for me. I have attempted resetting and deactivating accounts for multiple days now. Every time I get to the step after I enter the code provided by BOA, I get a bug splat. I have continued to submit them. Not sure why they have closed the issue as resolved.
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
    I will add as a sub-comment, that I am not sure anymore what the original error code was (cc-502 or cc-555/155) as I deactivated the account per the instructions in the other posts. Now I can not reactivate the account because I get the bug splat errors after imputing the BOA access code.
  • sajules
    sajules Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Supposedly resolved. Supposed to wait 24 hours. It has been more than 24 hours, it has been three days, and still I am unable to access Bank of America. [removed - disruptive/inaccurate] Very frustrating that I am unable to update and reconcile my business accounts.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    That did happen to me at some point too. I think, but not sure, it cleared when I logged into BOA directly and responded to a screen BOA put up asking me to enter a character code that they displayed, kinda like I'm not a robot. They don't consistently display that screen . I got it one time this morning.
  • guruvy
    guruvy Member ✭✭
    It has been a week now since I got the CC-555 error. When I checked Support it said issue resolved but I may need to deactivate and reactivate Quicken. When I did that I got error CC-502 and now nothing has changed. I initially got the CC-555 error after a Quicken update. I recognize that this virus is slowing progress, but one week without a major Quicken feature is ridiculous.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @guruvy

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with the CC-502 error please take a moment and review the information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps and a review of the logs, and for possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • oldshellback
    oldshellback Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is the solution I used:
    1. Deactivate the account. Don't delete it
    2. Go through the steps to add an account, but don't select the B of A Icon,
    a. Search for Bank of America, you should see an entry for:
    b. Bank of America - Quicken select this one.
    c. Use your current userid/password for B of A
    3. Follow the steps to link this new account to the old one and you will be good
    to go.

note:
    It did take 2 passes at 2 factor authentication to work
This discussion has been closed.