Quicken will not open

The last automatic update failed and now I cannot open Quicken at all. That computer is now also really slow. Help! Tried the patch and that didn’t resolve

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest going to quicken.com, assuming your using a current version of Quicken and redownload the Quicken installer. The installer will remove the current installation (your data is safe) and reinstall Quicken.
  • mamap
    mamap Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response. I do not know about transactions. I have used it for years. The file size is about 43,000. I save to DropBox when I exit but it should not be running. I have Windows 10 2004 Version. For step 2, it says to click File. Is that File in Quicken? That is a problem because it will not open.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mamap,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and have not yet received a follow-up response.

When trying to launch Quicken, do you receive any error messages or does simply nothing happen?

Also, instead of launching the Quicken program itself, have you tried double-clicking on your data file in the Windows file explorer location that it's saved in to see if it will open from there? 

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mamap said:
    I save to DropBox when I exit but it should not be running. 
    Are you saying that Quicken data file is saved to Dropbox and you are opening the file from Dropbox, or you save it manually after exiting Quicken? If the data file is on Dropbox, this is not recommended.
  • mamap
    mamap Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. Anja, I do not receive any messages, just doesn't open. I also tried double clicking the file. Seems the problem is with room on the hard drive. The upgrade must have been too much for it to complete.
    Geoff, I did try downloading and reinstalling but with same issue. I was wrong. I back up to Quicken, not Dropbox. I have installed on a different computer and have been able to restore my data. I appreciate the assistance
This discussion has been closed.