Does anyone know how to get rid of "Get status of payment" and it's lightning bolt icon?

Options
This showed up in my check register the last of October and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. It does nothing when I click on it.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    is this a past payment or a future payment? was the payment actually made by your bank? 

I have future payments set up via my online banking (BOA) and that lighting bolt remains when the payment is in the future,  but goes away once the payment is actually sent out by the bank. 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    That's interesting. What I see is different from what both of you see.
    I have lightning bolts going back 10 years to the beginning of my checking transactions, also B of A Direct Connect. Both past and future bolts open a Payment Status window. And I see no way to get rid of them, but they have never bothered me because they function as intended.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have lightning bolts going back to 1998 for online transfers and my bill payment lighting bolts from 2000 still report the "status" of the payments made. I am pretty sure they are designed to stay.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jimmerson
    jimmerson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine does nothing. Gives me no information and is just a nuisance cluttering up my register. They appeared for some reason. Surely there is a way to make them disappear. I appreciate your replies.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way I know to get rid of the lightning bolts would be to deactivate the account from online updates.  However I doubt that would be an acceptable answer to most folks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -