why can I no longer have only a half screen view so that I can view two programs

Why can't I still have a half screen view as I did until recently. I like to run both the bank statement and Quicken reconcile statement side by side when balancing the account.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    bumpbump said:
    I don't think I explained correctly. Normally in the upper right corner there are four icons. x to close, double pages for full screen, a square box for reduced size screen and a line to minimize. What I no longer have is the square box.
    Normally, Windows applications do not display the double pages and square box icons at the same time and left-clicking on either icon toggles between the two.  To switch from the double pages to the square box, press Alt + Spacebar and R.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I suggest you open Quicken for Windows, press Alt + Spacebar and R and you should be able to resize the Quicken application window.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• bumpbump
    bumpbump Member
    I don't think I explained correctly. Normally in the upper right corner there are four icons. x to close, double pages for full screen, a square box for reduced size screen and a line to minimize. What I no longer have is the square box.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    bumpbump said:
    Normally, Windows applications do not display the double pages and square box icons at the same time and left-clicking on either icon toggles between the two.  To switch from the double pages to the square box, press Alt + Spacebar and R.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on the upper border of the Quicken border and drug it to the right until the mouse cursor got to the edge of the screen, the Quicken window then took over the right half of the screen.
    It works for me.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.