Cloud sync failure with "The list of deleted alerts was not synced."

Whenever I try to run cloud sync lately, Quicken reports a "client side error". Looking at the log file, I find:

Sync errors found:
[1] (severity: 5)
User message:
The list of deleted alerts was not synced.
System message:
Export Budget Items failed.
exception:
err code: QCS-0400-1

I'm only trying to use sync for one account, and it was working fine for quite a while, but now I get an error every time.

I've tried resetting the cloud data, and that didn't help.

I created a new quicken data file and added just the one account that I want to sync, and cloud sync works fine when I use that data file. If I switch back to my regular data file, sync is still broken.

I don't want the alerts to sync anyway, but I don't see any way to turn that part off.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @hptasins,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

First, please verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hptasins
    hptasins Member ✭✭
    Hi,

I'm running Version R30.10, Build 27.1.30.10. This problem has been happening for quite some time, and there have been many updates since the problem started.

I verified that the dataset name and file name match.

Can I configure quicken somehow to not sync the alerts (which seem to be the problematic part)?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response.

You may be able to, depending on what type of alert it is that you're receiving and where you're receiving it.

Would you be able to take and post a screenshot of the alerts you're receiving? If needed, please review this Community FAQ on how to do so or you can also try dragging and dropping the image to your response if you're not given the option to add it as an attachment.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you use either of the Quicken Mobile and/or Quicken on the Web apps?

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hptasins
    hptasins Member ✭✭
    I'm not receiving any alerts for this account. Under "Bill and Income Reminders", it says "You don't have any scheduled bills or deposits for this account."

Under "Mobile&Web"->"Go to Mobile&Web", the Email Alerts pane says "No Alerts. All is Well."

When I click on the settings gear for the Email Alerts pane, and select "Alert Settings", nothing happens.

I'm using the Quicken Mobile app. I haven't tried Quicken on the Web.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hptasins

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you are still receiving this error, and haven't already, please go to the Mobile & Web tab at the very top of Quicken and select the "Quicken Cloud Alert Settings" option.

Does the Alert Settings window now open?  If so, are any of the Alerts enabled?

If you do not see the Mobile & Web tab at the top of Quicken, first go to the View menu and select "Classic Menus".

If none of the Alerts are enabled, as a test, will you please enable at least one of alerts, click Ok and run another mobile sync - does the error message still occur?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • hptasins
    hptasins Member ✭✭
    > Does the Alert Settings window now open?

No, the alerts window does not open.
  • hptasins
    hptasins Member ✭✭
    With my test quicken data file that has just one account, the alerts window does appear.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @hptasins

Thanks for the update and also going into a test file to see if you were able to get the alerts window to appear. 

It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.