Getting rid of exclamation point next to Net Worth when hidden/closed accounts all at zero $0?

RCinNJ
RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I find the exclamation point next to "Net Worth" less than useful since all my hidden accounts are marked as closed and are at $0. I thought this was because I had never marked accounts as closed (is this a relatively new option or did I missed it?). Trying to get rid of it I changed all "Hidden" accounts to "Closed" but the exclamation point remains. Displaying Closed accounts also puts them under a group labelled as Hidden (but does remove the exclamation point). I believe the exclamation point should not be shown for closed accounts as it adds no information but does create confusion as to whether all assets are being displayed in the side bar.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020
    Where exactly are you seeing this red exclamation point next to the Net Worth? I don't recall ever seeing it or questions about it.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hi John_in_NC, thanks for responding.

Here are 3 screen shots. 1). The first shows the exclamation point next to Net Worth and the message.
    2). The second shows the selection to show Hidden and Closed accounts. Note that I don't have any Hidden Accounts so there is no "Hidden Accounts".
    3). The third shows the Closed accounts that appear after I show them. Note that the exclamation point has gone away.

I hope this helps.

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for the update.

While it doesn't matter for your dislike of it, it appears to be a black informational ("i") icon versus a red exclamation point. That is what was confusing me.

I believe that will always display if you have opted not to display the either the Hidden or Closed Accounts. I suspect you would rather only see it if you have non $0 balances in those accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Boy you Mac guys are picky.  :)

On the Windows side for hidden accounts it has:

For Separate it has:

Neither of which can be hidden.  The only way to not show them, is not to have them.

And I agree with @John_in_NC that is an i not an exclamation point.  Just like it is in the Separate above (which is a flyout that says the separate accounts aren't included in the net worth total.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    "Boy you Mac guys are picky.  ": probably >:) . But I do think it shouldn't display if all closed accounts are at $0. Once a warning shows for no reason it reduces its usefulness. Not a huge deal and I ignored it for a long time, but perhaps not too difficult to fix.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @RCinNJ  I understand your point of view, but I think it's good for there to be some unobtrusive visual indication that there are accounts that are hidden. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.