I just changed my vault password and now all my bank passwords are gone. Is this normal?

Brad95X
Brad95X Member ✭✭
I just changed my vault password and now all my bank passwords are gone. Is this normal?

Best Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How do I reply to a specific user/member in this forum... and have the snippet of the question shown in gray as with user "thecreator"'s reply above?

Click on Quote and use the @ symbol and the name.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm going to expand on what is said here.

When changing over from the old connection method to what they are calling QCS the usernames and passwords for Express Web Connect accounts are no longer stored in the Password Vault because they are already store in the Quicken Cloud account on the server.  So that is why those would go away.

But it isn't triggered by you changing your Password Vault password, and it shouldn't have deleted the ones for your Direct Connect accounts.

So what you described isn't "normal", but at times I have seen people reporting this problem.  It is rare, and usually doesn't repeat.  You should be able to change that password without losing the usernames/passwords that are there.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hi @Brad1195062

I just want to understand - can you still update all of your accounts using One Step Update?  Or is the problem that no accounts update any more?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• thecreator
    Hi @"Brad1195062 ,

It is normal if your Connection Channel is QCS Connection Channel.

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Hi Frankx

When I changed my vault password all of my financial institution passwords disappeared and therefore I was NOT able to update any of my accounts using One Step Update.. So I manually re-entered all of the financial institution passwords back into Quicken and all accounts update as normal now with One Step Update. I'm hoping to find out if I did something wrong? .. Because I would like to change my vault password periodically without having to manually re-enter all of the financial institution passwords
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    How do I reply to a specific user/member in this forum... and have the snippet of the question shown in gray as with user "thecreator"'s reply above?
  • thecreator
    Answer ✓

Click on Quote and use the @ symbol and the name.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm going to expand on what is said here.

When changing over from the old connection method to what they are calling QCS the usernames and passwords for Express Web Connect accounts are no longer stored in the Password Vault because they are already store in the Quicken Cloud account on the server.  So that is why those would go away.

But it isn't triggered by you changing your Password Vault password, and it shouldn't have deleted the ones for your Direct Connect accounts.

So what you described isn't "normal", but at times I have seen people reporting this problem.  It is rare, and usually doesn't repeat.  You should be able to change that password without losing the usernames/passwords that are there.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @Brad1195062 ,
    > Click on Quote and use the @ symbol and the name.

Hi @thecreator,

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.