Cannot Add 2nd account from Alliant Credit Union

When I try to add my 2nd account at Alliant, it appears to be working. Then the Add Account screen just clears and is blank and just sits there. I have left it for up to an hour to see, but is is doing nothing. When I click Cancel or Back, Quicken itself just crashes and goes away completely. Any Ideas? Thank you!! :/

Best Answer

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @tkreinbring,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Sorry to hear you've had some difficulty adding a second account from Alliant CU.
    Let's try to help you by suggesting a few areas to look into further:

Just to be sure - you are running your updated Quicken software subscription on a Win 10 OS machine, yes?
    From within Quicken, please go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair. In the pop-up box, check "Validate file", then click OK. After the V&R runs, you'll get a report in Notepad. Is anything damaged or corrupted in your Qdata file? Is there any action you're directed to take to fix something? 

Have you noticed any changes on the Alliant CU website recently? (https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/ - is this the correct website where you log into see your accounts online?) Please check on the Alliant CU website - is there any sort of permission to grant, or switch to toggle to allow Alliant to release information down to Quicken? Does Alliant have any sort of MFA protocol on their system? If so, please ensure it's fully enabled.

Are there more than one login/password for the accounts in question? That is, do you have a login/password for your checking account, and your spouse has a separate login/password for their account? Can you add/link only one account at a time, then go back and try to add the second account?

Do you have any VPN/firewall/Anti-virus/cloud storage programs running? Can you temporarily turn those off and try again - what happens?
    Do you get any error code or error messages in Quicken at all? (If so, what exactly does the error message say?)

If need be, you are welcome to contact support directly. Support might ask to view your screen and walk through each step of trying to add the accounts with you. And they might ask you to send in the log files if something continues to go wrong. This may take some additional troubleshooting to get to the final resolution of this. 

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @tkreinbring,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Sorry to hear you've had some difficulty adding a second account from Alliant CU.
    Let's try to help you by suggesting a few areas to look into further:

Just to be sure - you are running your updated Quicken software subscription on a Win 10 OS machine, yes?
    From within Quicken, please go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair. In the pop-up box, check "Validate file", then click OK. After the V&R runs, you'll get a report in Notepad. Is anything damaged or corrupted in your Qdata file? Is there any action you're directed to take to fix something? 

Have you noticed any changes on the Alliant CU website recently? (https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/ - is this the correct website where you log into see your accounts online?) Please check on the Alliant CU website - is there any sort of permission to grant, or switch to toggle to allow Alliant to release information down to Quicken? Does Alliant have any sort of MFA protocol on their system? If so, please ensure it's fully enabled.

Are there more than one login/password for the accounts in question? That is, do you have a login/password for your checking account, and your spouse has a separate login/password for their account? Can you add/link only one account at a time, then go back and try to add the second account?

Do you have any VPN/firewall/Anti-virus/cloud storage programs running? Can you temporarily turn those off and try again - what happens?
    Do you get any error code or error messages in Quicken at all? (If so, what exactly does the error message say?)

If need be, you are welcome to contact support directly. Support might ask to view your screen and walk through each step of trying to add the accounts with you. And they might ask you to send in the log files if something continues to go wrong. This may take some additional troubleshooting to get to the final resolution of this. 

• Thank you. I have run the Validate. Still the same problem. I have our other Alliant Credit Union added already. It worked just fine. So, it is not a Firewall / VPN type issue.

I will talk to Alliant and see if that account has some sort of permissions for Quicken.

Thank you,
    Todd
This discussion has been closed.