How do you change my address for Online Bill Pay

My address is incorrect on checks sent via Quicken Online Bill Pay. I have verified that my address is correct in my SunTrust profile and Quicken profile.
Tagged:

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    My Check Pay address was the same as that displayed from Help, My Quicken Account.  If that is not the case for you, I suggest you chat with support.  Check Pay does not use the address associated with your checking account.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. Help/My Quicken Account has the correct address. I'll chat with support then post a resolution here if we can find one.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can determine, the address of your Check Pay payment account is stored here:
    Have at least one on-line bill set up, then select the gear icon from the Bills, Income & Transfers tab and click Payment Accounts. Scroll down the list to the account which is enabled for Check Pay and click it. Click the Edit button. In the Edit payment Account dialog change the Accountholder address as needed.
  • MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Thanks for the tip. I only have "Validate Payment Account" on my gear icon.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Do you have at least one Online Bill set up in Quicken?
    Do you have your Checking account set up and validated for Quick Pay/Check Pay under the new Bill Manager? If not, do this validation process first.
    The old Online Bill Pay using Metavante is no longer available.

P.S.: I tried to redact some personal information in the image you downloaded, to protect your private data, but could not. Apparently a moderator will have to do that now. I'll see if I can get someone to fix that.
    When posting images, do make sure you don't show us any personal information.

• MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    I am using Direct Connect to SunTrust. I then use Online Payee List to setup payee info. I can then enter online payments from my Quicken SunTrust register with the Check Number set to "Send Online Payment". If the Payee does not support EFT then an actual paper check is generated and mailed. These paper checks do not have my current mailing address on them.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    OK, so it sounds like are making payments using Sun Trust bill payment system.  I was referring to using Check Pay through Quicken Bill Manager which is my mistake in reading your original post.  If you are using the Sun Trust bill pay system, then you need to contact them to correct the address that is show on the checks.  If your address is correct at the Sun Trust web site, I'm not sure why the checks wouldn't reflect that address.  The fact that you are initiating the payments from Quicken should not change how Sun Trust prints the check.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    I tried Disconnecting the Reconnecting Online Services to SunTrust. That did not fix the address. Next step is to call SunTrust.
  • MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    SunTrust checked all my profiles, including online bill pay, and said all their addresses for me are correct. I even called the 3rd party bill pay company at 800-278-6302 and they said they get my address from SunTrust. The bottom line is that I can't figure out how to get my address corrected. Guess I need to open a new account with a different back.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MikeBlantz

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize you continue to experience this frustration. 

I had one last step that I wanted to offer to see if this resolved the issue. Please try to refresh the branding and profile for Suntrust following the steps below.

Refresh Branding & Profile:

1. Choose the Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. Select the financial institution you want to update from the Financial Institution dropdown menu.

Error When Using Online Services OL-231 OL-232 or OL-235

1. Hold down CTRL+Shift+F3 on your keyboard and click Contact Info at the top of the Online Center.

Error When Using Online Services OL-231 OL-232 or OL-235

1. Select the financial institution you want to update and click Refresh. The branding and profile information will be listed under the current status as "needs updating."
    2. Click OK.
    3. Click Update/Send, enter your PIN, and complete the update to get the latest branding and profile information for this financial institution.
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka. I performed the Refresh Branding & Profile procedure for SunTrust and will post if this resolved problem. Also, I had to enable "FnLk" on my Lenovo T440 to get "Press CTRL+F3 on your keyboard and click Contact Info" to work.
  • MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    My checks still have the incorrect address. The Refresh Branding & Profile procedure did not fix the problem.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MikeBlantz

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if we could test something out that should isolate the issue a little bit more. Could you try to enter the bill pay from the web site and let us know if the same issue happens? It'd help us with narrowing down where exactly the issue is happening. If this isn't an option let us know and we'll try to find something else. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    I generated a check from the SunTrust web site, Online Banking. I'll know if it has the correct address next week.
  • MikeBlantz
    MikeBlantz Member ✭✭
    The check generated from SunTrust Online Banking arrived and has the correct address.
  • Knine99
    Knine99 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I've just tried the refresh routine and will send out another quicken WF check to myself to see how that works. It usually takes a few weeks to complete that process. If that doesn't fix it I'll probably just leave it as it is. It is a nuisance more than any kind of serious issue for me.
This discussion has been closed.