I can't change the account type under settings.

I go through the steps to link a new Roth IRA at schwab. Despite clearly marking it was a new Roth IRA account, quicken puts it under my brokerage tab and not my investment tab. Under account settings the "type" drop down box will not allow changes.

Best Answer

• shawn murphy
    shawn murphy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Fixed it. Discounted the downloads and that open up drop down. Changed it to Roth IRA and then set the downloads up again. Worked!!

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Your description doesn't sounds like QMac 2021 verson 6.0.1 -which does not have the tabs that you describe.  Can you tell us what version you are using (you've posted in the Mac forum)?

In QMac 2021, when you add a Roth IRA, it will appear in the Retirement group...which is a subgroup of Investements.  So, it still is part of Investments.

I am seeing that if an added account is NOT linked for online updates (or is unlinked), then in the Account Settings dialog, the "Type" drop-down can be used to select a different account type and move it into that group (Retirement, Brokerage, Education etc - ALL still under Investing).

Yet, I have a linked Schwab brokerage account that show "Other" as its type (vs Brokerage) - and the Type drop-down is locked/grey at "Other" and cannot be changed.  I suspect this is an issue with the Schwab linkage.  Seems odd.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• shawn murphy
    shawn murphy Member ✭✭
    Mac Quicken deluxe 6.0.1. The frustrating part is that I choose Accounts/New/Investments/Roth IRA and it takes me to where you choose in with investment house. Type in schwab and it asks for Login/Password. Schwab populates type as Brokerage but I change to Roth IRA. Despite doing that it populates under brokerage. I go to settings at the drop down box is locked/grey. It did that same thing a month ago on another Schwab account but the drop down box wasn't locked. Seems like the box being locked is a Quicken issue.
  • shawn murphy
    shawn murphy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Fixed it. Discounted the downloads and that open up drop down. Changed it to Roth IRA and then set the downloads up again. Worked!!
This discussion has been closed.