File Slowness (Q Mac 6.0.1)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: File corruption from Ver. 5.18.0? Running Catalina on MacBook pro.

Comments

• I have an issue where the file takes about 45 seconds to finish whatever it is doing running at 100% and am unable to do anything until the spinning wheel stops. I have 6.0.1 and I think it worked ok in 5.18.2 back for last month. I also received the same "support" too much history, export as windows qfx and import into a new empty file. OSX 10.13.6
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @paullinford

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask that you check the following setting?

Navigate to  Quicken > Preferences Connected Services. Be sure that the option to update Quotes every 60 minutes is unchecked.

This has been known to be a possible cause of slowness. Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • debbiek405
    debbiek405 Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Deluxe for Mac v. 6.0.3. When I try to enter a transaction, or reconcile a transaction, I get the spinning ball for 10-15 seconds. I did unclick the box that is mentioned above (for updating investment quotes), but it did not help.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @debbiek405  Check to see if you have any report window(s) open behind the main Quicken window. (Either move the main window around to see if there's anything behind it, or look at the bottom of the Window menu to see if there's anything beneath "Sync Errors" on the menu. People often have a report they open but never close, but aren't aware of it because it gets positioned behind the main window. Having one or a few reports which need to recalculate after each transaction can create the slowness you're experiencing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • debbiek405
    debbiek405 Member ✭✭
    That did the trick.....thank you!! I did have one report open and did not realize it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @debbiek405  Glad that fixed it. I created an Idea post here for there to be some way Quicken makes you aware you have one or more report windows open in the background, so you might want to click here and vote for this idea. (In the big blue box under the first post, click the little gray arrow; after a second the count will increment and your arrow will change to black to show your vote has been registered.) Unfortunately, this feature request hasn't attracted many votes yet, but I think the problem you encountered hits many users -- and until you know what to look for if Quicken seems slow, it can be really frustrating. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.